Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(05-24-2013, 07:52 PM)username Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 07:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well, I'm not blood thirsty myself, but announcing a "Verdict" and then announcing that the verdict was there was no verdict was 'effin weird for everyone watching. Darn tootin', it twas!79

The only reason I can think that the jury did that was because they didn't want the judge to even have the opportunity to send them back for more deliberations. They wanted to make it perfectly clear that they were done, done, done.

I kind of hope that Juan and the Alexander family settle for LWOP. I don't want Jodi getting another opportunity to put herself in the public eye. I'd rather she just disappear at this point.

The Alexander family wanted the death penalty, so I hoped for their sake that they'd get it. It would take forever for her to be executed, if she ever was, anyway. Arizona hasn't executed a woman since 1930.

If I understand correctly, based on the guilty verdict rendered, Arias will be in max security prison with essentially the same restrictions as a death row inmate. That is the worst punishment for someone like her, imo. So, LWOP seems befitting to me too.

Will be interesting to see if Martinez and the Alexanders choose to take death off the table for LWOP and waiver of all appeals. I just don't think Arias would accept it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 05-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM