Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(05-29-2013, 12:52 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: I fault the jury.

The jury foreman stated that Arias wasn't a Dahmer or a Manson. WTF does that have to do with HER actions?

Additionally, he stated that they knew if they didn't reach a unanimous verdict, the judge would sentence her to life.

So . . . instead of them going on record and AT THE LEAST unanimously agree on the same sentence, they took the cowardly way out and left it up to the judge. "Let someone else be responsible for her destiny . . . we're done!"

Spare me the "personal convictions" bullshit that prevented four of the members from deciding on death.

They took an oath without the caveat of serial killer or cult leader to adminster the ultimate sentence.

Cowards!

Wasn't surprised by a split jury; figured there was a good chance it would happen and they'd be out a while. But, hoped they'd negotiate a unanimous verdict.

What is really surprising to me are some of the reasons that are coming up in juror interviews.

I expected to hear "mental illness - BPD" come up. Instead, hearing in juror interviews that the good works Arias said she would undertake in prison and the fact that some of them believed that she was verbally abused by Travis were considered mitigating factors that outweighed the aggravating factor for the four who were against a sentence of death.

Anyway, glad she's locked down while the the justice system moves to the next step and, no matter what, she'll never have the opportunity to do what she did to Travis Alexander ever again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 05-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM