Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Gawker popular favorites
Mmmmm

http://foodgawker.com/popular/favorites/

I could drool. Did you see those samoas & the frozen banana things?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm intrigued by the Swedish baked potato but it looks like kind of a pain in the ass to make.
(01-08-2012, 02:30 PM)Smegma Wrote: I'm intrigued by the Swedish baked potato but it looks like kind of a pain in the ass to make.

I went back to check because I'm intrigued too. It looks tasty & the recipe is simple. Hahaha. I amused myself saying that.

Preheat the oven to 220˚C (425˚F). Put the potato on a chopping board, flat side down. Start from one end of the potato, cut almost all the way through, at about 3 to 4 mm intervals.

Arrange the potatoes in a baking tray and insert the garlic in between the slits. Scatter some butter on top of each potato. Then drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Bake the potatoes for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes turn crispy and the flesh is soft.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yep, that's more work than I'm willing to expend.
Thanks! That chicken filled with cream cheese, bacon, spring onion mix (Knorr, I'm sure) then rolled in pastry may make it to my table.

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
That's a great site, although a bit overwhelming when you're starving and trying to think of something good for dinner.
I ended up making the pasta with creamy bacon and pea sauce to go along with my grilled chicken. It was fantastic, I highly recommend it. The only thing I did different was use sour cream instead of creme fraiche and a 14 lemon instead of a whole because that seemed like a lot. I also only used 1 Tbsp. each of butter and olive oil instead of two.

http://themartinblog.com/food/2010/05/04...pea-sauce/
Mmm, that looks yummy!

[Image: DSC_3014r.jpg]