Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Super Bowl Food
Hahahahaha (They need a coating. Maggot was going to throw them in the oil undefended.)

I use Tempura batter or cornmeal batter for shrimp (don't fry them very often, I like grilled). I have a box of Tempura in the cupboard, but here is a general recipe:

Tempura are battered and deep fried dishes, which are commonly eaten in Japan. This is a recipe to make basic batter. Using ice water for the batter is recommended in order to make crispy tempura. It's good to make the batter right before frying tempura. Preparing the batter ahead of time is not recommended.
Ingredients:
•1 egg
•1 cup ice water/cold water
•1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
Preparation:
Beat an egg in a bowl. Add ice water in the bowl. Be sure to use very cold water. Add sifted flour in the bowl and mix lightly. Be careful not to overmix the batter.

The cornmeal kind of like Dick's, but add cornmeal for texture.

If they are deveined but still have the shells on (no legs, gross) try this:

http://mockforums.net/post-184516.html post #261

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I'm gonna use crackers recipe with Dicks beer instead of water. maybe bisquik I made baked beans last night and they are in the crockpot staying warm.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-05-2012, 01:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: I have 2 lbs of jumbo shrimp I want to deep fry. Do I dip in egg, batter or just toss the buggers in the oil?

It's probally too late, but for future reference.... butterfly the shrimp and dredge in flour, dip in egg wash and then coat in Panko. Deep fry untill golden.

(02-05-2012, 10:10 PM)sally Wrote: It's probally too late, but for future reference.... butterfly the shrimp and dredge in flour, dip in egg wash and then coat in Panko. Deep fry untill golden.

Hmm. Could I add shredded coconut to the Panko? Do you ever do that?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Cracker you can keep posting the cooking shit all you want but you should know that I cook better than you.

You can add coconut or you can just keep eating the frozen ones with the coconut already on them that you have been buying.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(02-19-2012, 11:10 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Cracker you can keep posting the cooking shit all you want but you should know that I cook better than you.

You're right. You're the queen soup chicken...errr, capon.
Commando Cunt Queen
(02-19-2012, 11:10 PM)IMaDick Wrote: You can add coconut or you can just keep eating the frozen ones with the coconut already on them that you have been buying.

I don't buy much frozen processed stuff. I try to stay away from that. I even make the chicken nuggets around here. There are few frozen pizzas in the freezer, but the rest is veggies. And these:

[Image: firecracker.jpg]

You know you deep fry everything. Don't even lie.

Now go make me some bread, bitch.
(02-19-2012, 11:16 PM)username Wrote:
(02-19-2012, 11:10 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Cracker you can keep posting the cooking shit all you want but you should know that I cook better than you.

You're right. You're the queen soup chicken...errr, capon.

All the great chefs are men you stupid fucker. I mean lady.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(02-20-2012, 12:25 AM)IMaDick Wrote: All the great chefs are men you stupid fucker. I mean lady.

Nice bit of man-love there, Dick. I like it when you show your meterosexual side. It's thweet.
Commando Cunt Queen
(02-20-2012, 12:45 AM)username Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 12:25 AM)IMaDick Wrote: All the great chefs are men you stupid fucker. I mean lady.

Nice bit of man-love there, Dick. I like it when you show your meterosexual side. It's thweet.

There is a reason men rule the world.

John Adams

(02-20-2012, 01:32 AM)IMaDick Wrote: There is a reason men rule the world.

Proof that men really don't have a clue.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]