• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bashara murder mystery...with a little S&M and bondage
Bob Bashara, Attorney Go to Court in Battle over Handwriting Samples
Updated: Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012, 2:00 PM EDT

By AMY LANGE

[Image: clipboard01wd.jpg]

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

DETROIT (WJBK) -- "We're here cooperating and doing everything that we need to do," said Bob Bashara.

Bashara was at court Wednesday even though he is not in custody and not even charged, but this person of interest is under intense scrutiny...

--------------

[Image: clipboard01cgv.jpg]

..."Nobody has done in American judicial history what this prosecutor's office is attempting to do here," Griem told the judge. "There's an appearance of trying to hide something by the prosecutor's office. There's an appearance of impropriety."

[Image: clipboard01gol.jpg]

An obviously agitated Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey argued Griem does not have a right to be present for the handwriting samples and that it could be videotaped to insure there is no impropriety.

"His way of doing things does not comport with the law. If he's present, that makes him a witness. He cannot be a witness and the attorney on the case," she said.

Griem asked the judge to allow his investigator, a former FBI agent, to be present instead.

[Image: clipboard01ove.jpg]

Judge Kenny said he will have a decision Wednesday of next week.

Meantime, Bob Bashara waits for what's next.

"Mr. Bashara, the Bashara children, the Bashara family and I are still just treading water looking out for sharks," said Griem.

[Image: clipboard02nj.jpg]

Prosecutor Kym Worthy is not commenting on any of it.

"I'm aware of everything that's happening in that case, but I'm not going to tell you," she said. "Anything that requires court intervention, that will happen, and I'm not going to divulge that at this point in time or even talk about that or confirm it."

Clearly Worthy is not talking about this at all, including if and when additional charges may be coming forth. However, many speculate, including David Griem, that nothing will happen until after the competency hearing for Joe Gentz. That is scheduled for May 4.

---------------

More at the Source: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/loc...120411-spb

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bashara murder mystery - by Lady Cop - 02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
RE: The Bashara murder mystery - by Lady Cop - 02-10-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: The Bashara murder mystery...with a little S&M and bondage - by Darkman - 04-11-2012, 08:37 PM