Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?
Clad, there's not one Van Morrison song that isn't a lyrical and musical gift, imo. He's truly an artist, imo.

John Doe was the lead singer and guitarist for the Punk/Rock band X back in the 80s. Great band. Both he and his ex-wife Excene write lyrics, compose music, play guitar, write and record poetry and spoken work, act... She also taught at underprivileged schools in LA for years (not sure if she still does). I met him a couple of times, very nice interesting man - never got to meet her unfortunately.

Anyway, John Doe has led a few bands since X split up, but my favorite release of his is "Meet John Doe" from 1990. I think I listened to the CD at least once a day when I lived in Japan; so more than 900 times and it always got better. I don't think his stuff is such a big turn on to mainstream, but I think you might like it (at least from a lyrical standpoint).

Here's a video (not the best quality) of one of the songs from the album. The lyrics for all of the songs are perfect, to me. Raw, but they say a lot, imo. (I couldn't find the lyrics for this album in text anywhere.)

If you like it, videos of each track on the album are here:
http://www.top100sradio.com/album/Meet%2...oe/4801413

If you don't like it, it took you less time to give it a listen than it did for me to compose this post. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS? - by HairOfTheDog - 12-05-2012, 12:48 AM