Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2 dead. 2 girls free. mayes dead. it's over.
(05-09-2012, 06:47 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: cow just gave her daughter a motive for murder. duh.

5:29 p.m. - From The Associated Press - Adam Mayes' mother-in-law told The Associated Press he thought he might be the girls' father and it caused trouble in the marriage to her daughter, who's jailed in the case.

"She was tired of him doting on those two little girls that he claimed were his," Josie Tate said in an exclusive phone interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday. In an earlier interview, Tate's daughter Bobbi Booth said Teresa Mayes suspected her husband was having an affair with Jo Ann Bain.

Authorities refused to comment on the motive for the April 27 slayings and abductions at a Wednesday news conference.

djournal.com

FBI presser

I'm confused. If Mayes's wife was tired of him doting on the two youngest girls, why would she want to help him kidnap them? It seems like it would have been to her advantage to have the Bain family move to Arizona rather than Mayes end up with the children.

And why still no info on what car Mayes might be driving? I guess all cars he had access to must be accounted for and there haven't been any stolen vehicles reported. So either Mayes must still be around, some other scumbag gave him a vehicle (Mayes seems to have plenty in his own family and among friends, or he and the girls hitched a ride out of there

I wonder how much money he had access to when he left. I wouldn't think much.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jo Ann Bain (dead) and 3 daughters (1 dead) AMBER ALERT TN - by Kip - 05-10-2012, 01:08 PM