Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Cheyne,
I wouldn't call inertia a big word either. I'm just saying Brettly usually speaks in a not so casual way, using big words and such.
No, he doesn't usually get the meanings of the words wrong. But he was reading from a board, and I'm sure he was just a little nervous to begin with.
I don't think it had anything to do with the case. I misuse and fumble words all the time. I can only imagine what I'd do if I lost my best friend.

Yes, sure, a small person can overpower someone using a knife. But of course, I'm sure they searched his property since that is where everything is currently held anyway. I also don't think it was just Mickey and Brettly... Pretty sure their other friends were there as well. Brettly really would not harm a fly.

I don't know how many times Brettly has helped with things. I just know that when things go wrong, Brettly always tries to help. It's how he is.
He always forms organizations and awareness groups for various things. He's a good guy.

I understand that referring to her as young woman instead of by name might not increase peoples wants to help out with the case
But he makes sure to refer to her as a friend, and by name in the conclusion of the video. I really don't think they were analyzing their words forever.
They just wanted the overall message to be out there, and it is. Hopefully it will make some kind of difference.

Its okay, no offense taken Smiley_emoticons_smile

Shitstorm, you're right. Brettly does seem to give off that attempt at trying to be professional haha, but despite his misuse of inertia, he's a really smart guy.

It seems more people are pointing fingers at him. Their accusations have no proof though, and i think people are just desperate to pinpoint someone.

I did read on a local article via facebook that a girl around the area was planning to attend the Candle light vigil held for Mickey tonight. She wandered a few streets down, just searching the area. She noticed a run down house that looked abandoned almost. She said she looked in the back, and there were a lot of broken down trees, and something that "glared" but she couldn't tell if it was a bike. Her story was a little hard to understand, but basically, i think some guy came around the corner. They made eye contact, and she said he gave her a look like he had known her his entire life, and he took off running, and so did she.

She could be full of bull, but you never know. Since there has been absolutely no leads, many people told her to report this to the tip line anyway.
I hope she does.

Brettly was tight with her it seems. He is cool with a lot of people though. When you're friends with Brettly, it's a tight friendship. Like almost a brotherly thing. I'm sure this has felt like losing a sister. At least he has a girl friend who is helping him through this, along with many friends and complete strangers.

Her sister is torn up.
If you guys would like to see a recent interview of her sister, check here.
http://1079ishot.com/mickey-shunick-sist...elp-video/

Mickey's birthday was the other day. Sad that she spent it missing, but hopefully alive.

And shitstorm, stories like this usually effect more, as in I'm empathetic towards any sad story.
But I don't know if it's because of her being a local or old friends being close with her, but this story hit me hard.
I can't quit thinking about the entire thing, and wondering the outcome.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by OceanMetTheSky - 05-23-2012, 01:54 AM