Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
Come on you guys, Brettly was interrogated for 16 hours, his house, car and computer were searched, and there is no evidence whatsoever of some unrequited love thing. Mickey's friend, Ashley, who has been on TV and was with her at Artmosphere, states that Mickey and Brettly were planning on moving to New Orleans as roommates. I don't find Brettly weird, at all. He's geeky, a vegan, and like the kind of person you find around the natural foods types. What's wrong with that?! He's the kind of kid I would have hung around with. I always hated the big, dumb jocks and the hunter/rednecks, and gravitated toward the sensitive, intellectual kids. I could easily see having Brettly as my friend. As for people asking why he would 'let' Mickey ride her bike, that wasn't his choice. He was her friend not her boss. Her sister said she did what she wanted do and I'll bet her relationship with Brettly was that of equals. Nobody told me what to do at 22 and I did lots of risky stuff (in hindsight). My friends didn't try to stop me because they did the same kind of stuff. Remember, too, that Mickey was with several friends and they all knew she was biking. This was normal, no matter how it might look in light of what happened. Lafayette is Mickey's hometown and I have no doubt that she felt comfortable there. She biked all over, at all hours and so did lots of other kids. From what I've read, Lafayette was considered a safe town until the crap moved in after Katrina. Mickey avoided riding down Congress (the shortest route) where some of that ilk hang around. Also, when I see ghetto dwellers, I don't think serial killers, I think of getting mugged. She carried mace and probably thought being on a bike was safe compared to walking. Until that night, she was right.

Imagine being the last person to see someone who has gone missing. While it's understandable that LE has to eliminate you as a suspect, it's downright scary that shitloads of people on the internet pick apart everything about you and have you being a murderer. That is fucked up. What I actually much more weird is how Mickey's mother, who lived with Mickey, wasn't worried as soon as she found Mickey not home in the morning. I guess they are the kind of family who do their own thing and don't make much of someone not being home.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by shitstorm - 05-30-2012, 01:54 PM