Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
(05-30-2012, 04:23 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Shitstorm, any idea what type of car Brettly drives?

When I visit friends in Cleveland my phone is on driving home and I always text my friends to let them know I'm home safe. I'm wondering why Brettly didn't text Mickey to make sure she got home safe it was 2 a.m.

No, Owl, I don't know what he drives. Just know the cops searched it.

You'd be surprised how many people, especially young people, don't check with each other to make sure someone arrived safely. Kids assume it's a good world and don't worry about like we do. What a sorry way for Mickey's friend to learn that the world is not such a friendly place.

(05-30-2012, 04:34 PM)koko Wrote: Shitstorm--
In regards to your wondering about mickey's mom not being alarmed that she wasn't home in the morning: maybe mickey would crash at a friends house occasionally if she stayed there until late at night and come back the next day. Obviously that's not the case but maybe that's what her mom was thinking? Just an idea.

Right after she disappeared, Brettly made the statement on TV that she wasn't in the habit of staying over at friends houses. I know she has a bunch of pets (pig, two dogs, and some other critters) so that may be why. Since Saturday was her brother's graduation, it would seem like her mother would have wondered where Mickey was, BEFORE graduation. Seems like she would have expected to see Mickey and getting ready. I can't figure that part out.

(05-30-2012, 06:09 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Shitstorm found out Mickey and Brettly were going to New Orleans to be roommates, wonder why? New Orleans is a long way from Lafayette.
Was it just for the summer or what? I thought she enjoyed the horse farm and teaching little kids how to ride etc.

Her friend Ashley (I think that's her name) talked about it on the news, as did Brettly. Brettly said they had plans to go and look at places this summer. Could be they planned to move after graduation (this year or next, dunno). If you live in Lafayette and your a kid, New Orleans is probably a place that lots of kids want to move. More exciting, music scene, maybe potential jobs, etc. Mickey's sister, Charlie, moved to Dallas. When I was that age, I wanted to move away and find new adventures.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by shitstorm - 05-30-2012, 11:35 PM