Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Multiple shootings Aurora, CO movie theater. warning, bullet wound photo.
(07-20-2012, 10:38 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 06:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think it's odd about the 3 month old (only because keeping them quiet is difficult), but otherwise I don't think it's a sign of a pending societal abyss. It's summer break from school. My dad worked second shift for a lot of years and he'd take us to midnight showings whenever a new Star Wars or Star Trek movie came out. We loved it.

That was before the bloods and crips were ruralized... and before we made institutionalizing crazy people cruel and unusual punishment. I would argue that at least 12 people in Aurora wished we hadn't done that...

The world's a much different place than when you and I were children. Societal change isn't always for the good...

Sorry Jim. I disagree with you on this one. Taking children to midnight showings during the summer is not a sign of society lurching into the abyss, imo. Not then, not now. They can rest up before the movie and sleep late.

I grew up in a very gritty party of LA - I don't think Aurora, Colorado is less safe today than where I grew up was back then.

This happened because an uncertified (afaik) fuckin' nutcase made it happen. If he'd done it during the daytime showing, probably more children would have been shot. It could have happened anywhere, at any time of day and nobody who ended up getting shot could have seen it coming or could have prevented it. JMO.

It's just tragic and heartbreaking, all the way around. On that, I know we agree.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple shootings Aurora, CO movie theater. warning, bullet wound photo. - by HairOfTheDog - 07-20-2012, 10:50 PM