Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Multiple shootings Aurora, CO movie theater. warning, bullet wound photo.
(07-29-2012, 11:43 PM)shitstorm Wrote: I was greatly relieved when this Colorado shooting caused an immediate (40%) surge in firearm purchases in the state.

Why would that relieve you?

You're just happy that there are more weapons in the hands of potential loons?

The reason for the surge was because people are fearful that some sort of gun control law will be enacted in that state, so people are buying them now.

I have no problem with the idea of having guns to PROTECT yourself.

Assault weapons, to me, are difficult to define as 'home defense' weaponry.

There's got to be something that triggers a rigorous and thorough background check (and time consuming I might add) process when people express the desire to buy these weapons. I'm talking complete background check (especially mental health) and I'd hope for at least a 6 month wait to get your clearance.

To the law-abiding citizen, sure, it's a hassle, but at the end of the day, they should be fine with what the process stands for.

BTW, this guy's assault weapon apparently jammed with only 60 or so of the 100 bullets fired. There would've been even more carnage. I don't know how 2nd Amendment pros cannot at least see the sense in either banning sales of these weapons, or making it a very, very, VERY difficult process to procure one.

As far as I know, this guy, the guy that shot the AZ Rep, and Cho at Va Tech all got their weapons legally. Which means if you're deranged, it's still pretty easy to legally buy a gun.

Super.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple shootings Aurora, CO movie theater. warning, bullet wound photo. - by Midwest Spy - 07-30-2012, 04:50 PM