Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Multiple shootings Aurora, CO movie theater. warning, bullet wound photo.
The reason the founding fathers wanted the people to have weapons similar to the military was twofold. The first is the militia or regular citizens are the absolute very last line of defense. Additionally they thought the government should fear the people not the other way around, thus assault weapons, which are not military grade, are the way of the ensuring the people can overthrow the government as Locke has noted needs to happen from time to time in human discourse.

Next, the large magazines or drums as we call them in the military when used with assault weapons like AK-47's and AR-15's are very unreliable and jam frequently. I could issue these to my Marines in the field but no one does because they jam and are a bitch to get unjammed. Plus with smaller magazines with practice can be exchanged in less than a second without jamming assuming the empty magazine is not retained, I know I have personally gotten this fast at one point. Some can even do it without losing their sustained fire rate.

As for Loughner in AZ, from what I understand he was identified by many to have had mental problems yet it went undiagnosed. People with schitzophrenia are not allowed to buy weapons. So, is the problem with the law or with getting people diagnosed?
"I’m not going to cry over it. I already did that on the way home." - Michael Scott

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple shootings Aurora, CO movie theater. warning, bullet wound photo. - by MikeyA - 07-31-2012, 02:44 PM