Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Multiple shootings Aurora, CO movie theater. warning, bullet wound photo.
Holmes had offered to plead guilty on all counts back in 2013, in exchange for the death penalty being taken off the table. Prosecutors declined the offer.

I did not expect that prosecutors would be able to get 12 people to agree unanimously to a death sentence given Holmes' documented mental illness. But, I understand why they had to try despite the extensive time and cost involved.

There was reportedly only one juror who voted against death, and two others weren't sure. Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...nalty.html

It's a little difficult to understand how that dp-qualified juror could have found that Holmes knew what he was doing and that it was wrong in the guilty phase; and then have found that the mitigating factors (including mental illness) did not outweigh the aggravating factors; only to ultimately vote firmly against the death penalty.

But, so it is. Life without parole. Most of Holmes' victims' families are expressing disappointment. But one expressed gratitude for the fact that, in his opinion, emotion didn't override reason in the final sentencing.

Anyway, I'm glad the trial is over and hope the wounded victims and the families of the 12 murdered victims feel some sense of peace.

[Image: james-holmes-victims.jpg?w=640]
RIP.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple shootings Aurora, CO movie theater. warning, bullet wound photo. - by HairOfTheDog - 08-08-2015, 05:10 PM