Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK
For you? Anytime.
(09-06-2012, 07:09 AM)LuciferLynn Wrote: I have Pergo in the kitchen and dining room. While I love it, I can't find a mop that doesn't leave streaks on it when I clean with solution. Right now I'm using a mixture of hot tap water and boiled hot water to clean with but I can still see streaks, just not as bad. Is it the mop or the water?

Try this stuff. I just used the wood and laminate floor cleaner on my bamboo floors and it really does work. It's all nice and shiny and no streaks. You should be able to find it in the cleaning section at the grocery store.

http://www.rejuvenate.tv/
(09-18-2012, 01:07 PM)sally Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 07:09 AM)LuciferLynn Wrote: I have Pergo in the kitchen and dining room. While I love it, I can't find a mop that doesn't leave streaks on it when I clean with solution. Right now I'm using a mixture of hot tap water and boiled hot water to clean with but I can still see streaks, just not as bad. Is it the mop or the water?

Try this stuff. I just used the wood and laminate floor cleaner on my bamboo floors and it really does work. It's all nice and shiny and no streaks. You should be able to find it in the cleaning section at the grocery store.

Thanks! Ill go tomorrow to pick it up.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
(09-18-2012, 02:18 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote:
(09-18-2012, 01:07 PM)sally Wrote:

Thanks! Ill go tomorrow to pick it up.

Oh good. then you can come do my floors. Thanks Lucy!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Ill tell ya what. Ill come wash your floors, you come paint my living room and my dining room. Deal? Deal.
(09-18-2012, 06:09 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: you come paint my living room and my dining room. Deal? Deal.

I could actually get into that. Can I use special painting effects? Have you seen all the different rollers to choose from? Are you brave with paint or do you stick to strictly "safe" colors? What do you think about accent walls?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm doing an accent wall. Since I got the new furniture, which is a dark brown, I've decided I'm doing the walls blue. I have a dark blue throw for the couch and am looking for throw pillows to use for the paint. Id like the accent wall to be a shade or two lighter than the rest of the walls. Depending on the pillows will depend on the paint. I just can't find any that are juuuuuust riiiiiiight, you know?
When buying paint always get 2 shades darker for the desired color. I learned that from painting cars.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I used to have all light colors (shades of white) but a few years ago I expanded out to darker colors (one of my rooms is paper bag brown). It's amazing how the darker colors make artwork pop and make the room feel cozy and intimate. Screw the old adage about painting everything light to make the rooms seem bigger.
Commando Cunt Queen
I've got a deep red in one room and it is awesome.
I hate white. All shades. It always reminds me of a hospital. When my oldest was younger, he had a shark border running the middle of tge wall in his room and the bottom half was the dark blue of the deep sea and the top half was the light blue of the shallow sea. My aunt painted her kitchen red and yellow. At first I thought it would look like ketchup and mustard but it really looks nice.
(09-18-2012, 07:36 PM)Maggot Wrote: When buying paint always get 2 shades darker for the desired color. I learned that from painting cars.

So, you recommend if I want white purchase gray paint?
(09-18-2012, 10:05 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote:
(09-18-2012, 07:36 PM)Maggot Wrote: When buying paint always get 2 shades darker for the desired color. I learned that from painting cars.

So, you recommend if I want white purchase gray paint?

No, but a dark blue will almost look powder blue if you go by the paint chip, same with green. Once the sunlight hits it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
That's true. When I did the batbroom a light green, the paint I bought looked white with a green tint. But when I applied it, it was the perfect color. The lightest green, almost like what the inside of a cucumber looks like. I love it.

Never try to do paint on the cheap, it's just not worth it.

Consumer Reports gives Behr paint from Home Depot their highest rating.
No. Never ever buy cheap paint. You really do get what you pay for.
TSP before you paint.

Great advice, User!

I wish I were more comfortable with the electric saw, I'd be doing my own bullshit if I were.
(09-19-2012, 11:35 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Great advice, User!

I wish I were more comfortable with the electric saw, I'd be doing my own bullshit if I were.

Practice practice practice! hah
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Oh be quiet...or I'll shoot the nail gun atcha.