Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeffrey MacDonald...do you remember? GRAPHIC CRIME SCENE!
I read Fatal Vision years ago and then Fatal Justice. After reading the first, FVision, I was convinced MacDonald was guilty. Then when I finished the second one, FJustice, I had a completely different opinion. This case has always frustrated me. I cannot state conclusively that he is innocent or guilty. If guilty, then he definitely deserves what he is getting; however, if innocent, what a miscarriage of justice for him. I am more inclined to believe he is an innocent man. Will we ever know?

From Wikipedia: (concerning three unidentified hairs at the scene)

DNA testing

Lawyers representing MacDonald were given the right to pursue DNA tests on limited hair and blood evidence in 1997 by the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Testing began in December 2000. Defense lawyers hoped that the results would tie Stoeckley and her associate Greg Mitchell to the scene.

DNA test results released by the Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory on March 10, 2006, showed that neither Stoeckley's nor Mitchell's DNA matched any of the tested exhibits. A limb hair found stuck to the left palm of Colette MacDonald matched the DNA profile of Jeffrey MacDonald. MacDonald's DNA profile also matched body hairs found on the multi-colored bedspread from the master bed and on the top sheet of Kristen MacDonald's bed. A hair found in Colette's right palm was sourced as her own. Three hairs, one from the bedsheet, one found in Colette's body outline in the area of her legs, and one found beneath the fingernail of Kristen, did not match the DNA profile of any MacDonald family member or known suspect.[25]

His appeal of the circuit court's decision is currently under consideration by the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeffrey MacDonald...do you remember? GRAPHIC CRIME SCENE! - by Teacher - 09-09-2012, 03:11 AM