Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Jessica Ridgeway, 10, missing/murdered, Westminster, CO 10/5/2012
http://kwgn.com/2012/10/05/westminster-p...-old-girl/

...She’s 4’10″, 80 lbs with blue eyes and blonde, shoulder length hair. She was wearing Blue jeans, a black puffy jacket with pink lining, purple eyeglasses and black boots with pom-poms.

Westminster police say Jessica was last seen leaving her home to walk to school at 8:30 a.m. Friday. She never made it to school.

There was a delay of several hours in reporting the girl missing. She lives with her mother, who works at night.

“Mom gets home about 7:30 a.m., gets her daughter ready for school, 8:30… sends her off,” says Westminster police spokesman investigator Trevor Materasso. “The normal procedure is Jessica walks to a park, meets classmates and they, as a group, walk to school.”

Jessica never made it to Chelsea Park, and the group walked to school without her. The School called her home to report her absent, but her mother sleeps during the day, and didn’t get the message until 4 p.m. That’s when she called police.

Materasso says Jessica’s father lives out of state. Police have made contact with him. Materasso also says investigators have no reason to believe the father or anyone in the family was involved in Jessica’s disappearance....

[Image: jessicainside.jpg]
https://www.facebook.com/ilike9news
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/c...estminster

More than 700 volunteers joined Westminster police officers, firefighters and the FBI in a massive search...

A dive team went out on Ketner Lake in late Saturday afternoon to search with sonar for a body in the water...

Jessica Ridgeway's mother stood in front of their home at 10768 Moore St. Friday morning and watched until her daughter was out of sight... That was around 8:30 a.m.

Jessica routinely meets classmates at Chelsea Park, three blocks away, and then the classmates together walk the rest of the way to school together.

But on Friday morning the friends never saw Jessica...

"We searched all night," Spottke said at 7:15 a.m....

A helicopter was used in the search. Bloodhounds were used through most of the night. Although the dogs picked up a scent, it could have been older than Friday morning, Spottke said.

...Police are reviewing past incidents for a possible connection, including the attempted abduction on Memorial Day of a 22-year-old female jogger...A man tried to put a chemical-soaked rag over her mouth. The woman was able to fight her way free and called 911...

Another jogger was chased by a man with a similar description in July 2010...

Authorities have checked up on every registered sex offender in the area...

The other adults in Jessica's home include her grandmother and aunt.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingJessicaRidgeway
My old neighborhood...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...olice-say/

(CBS/AP) WESTMINSTER, Colo. - Colorado police said a backpack found in the town of Superior is likely linked to 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway...

Westminster police said a homeowner found a water bottle and backpack on a sidewalk about six miles from Jessica's suburban Denver home...

Police would not discuss the contents of the bag but said they believe it belongs to the girl. They also say the item has led investigators to expand their search for the girl to the rock creek subdivision of Superior....
LE is checking for DNA on Jessica's backpack that was found yesterday.

Yesterday, there was an abduction and rape of an 11-year-old girl in Wyoming. The FBI is checking for connections between the two cases:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wyoming-abducti...d=17435010

FBI agents are investigating if there is a connection between the case of missing Colorado 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway and the abduction of an 11-year-old in Wyoming on Monday....

On Monday afternoon, an 11-year-old girl in Cody, Wyo., was lured to a white SUV by a man who approached her and two friends. He told them that he was missing his black lab puppy and asked if they could help him find it, police said.

One of the little girls agreed to help him and climbed into the front seat of the vehicle and he drove away. Forty-five minutes later, one of the other children called the police to say that her friend had gotten in the car and not returned.

An Amber Alert was issued around 6:45 p.m. and police received a report at 8:15 p.m. of a little girl walking down Spirit Mountain Road, just outside Cody. Authorities confirmed that it was the missing girl.

"[The girl] reported that when she approached the suspect vehicle, the suspect brandished a 'pistol' and directed her to get in the front passenger seat of the vehicle," the Cody Police Department wrote in a report. "The suspect then drove the victim onto Carter Mountain where he sexually assaulted her."...

Authorities are now on the hunt for the suspect who they describe as a white male, approximately 55-60 years old, between 185 and 200 pounds with either short white or strawberry blonde hair and a mustache or beard.

Cody is approximately 500 miles northwest of Westminster, Colo., where Jessica Ridgeway disappeared...
Raw Video of interview with family

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jes...statement/

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Describing her as a 10-year-old who “can’t wait to be a teenager,” Sarah Ridgeway talked about her daughter Jessica Ridgeway — and the last morning she saw her.

Surrounded by members of her extended family and speaking publicly for the first time since Jessica went missing four days earlier, Sarah was mostly composed.

Sarah described the alarm clock Jessica begged her to buy going off at 7:45 a.m. — “she wanted to be able to get up on her own,” Sarah said. The worried mother described seeing her daughter coming down the stars, watching T.V., eating a granola bar, getting dressed, peeling an orange for a snack later that day and walking out the front door.

“It was like any other morning,” Sarah said, breaking down in tears. “I watched her walk out the door. Her friend says she’s walking too. That was the last time I saw her.

“I want her to walk back through that door. I need her to walk back through that door.”

Appearing more consistently broken up than his ex-wife, Jessica’s father Jeremy Bryant was also on hand. He described getting the news in Missouri that investigators had found his daughter’s abandoned backpack and water bottle on Sunday.
The dad is in a city 5 minutes from where I live...everything I saw or read, you can tell he is devastated.
Don't these kids know you don't help adults look for puppies and you don't get into their vehicle? You start screaming. I always told my kids that adults don't ask kids for help, they ask other adults. Jeezus pleezus I hope they find this girl. I wonder if the two cases really are related?
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
I am sure she is gone. These things rarely have a happy ending.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
FBI searches Jessica's home for clues

Parents plead for Jessica's return
I remember a 2020 or other news show about 10 years ago that showed how easy it was to abduct a child. Parents would say that their children would never go with a stranger, that they had had many conversations with their children about "stranger danger". The parents would be watching from inside the home as their child played out front. A car would drive up and a man would ask for help finding a puppy. It was amazing how many children got into the car.

From eyewitness accounts of various abductions, a child/teen can be pulled into a vehicle in a matter of a few seconds.
Police investigating the disappearance of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway said investigators discovered a body in an open space park in Arvada, Colo., but they do not yet know if the body is connected to the case of the missing girl.

Police made the announcement during a news conference in Westminster Wednesday evening. They said detectives were currently at the scene where the body was found.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city/Col...z28x6mA3Oq
Sadly I think it is her. I was so hopeful about them finding her. Her flyer and facebook page went viral so fast.

Marc Stewart KMGH ‏@MarcKMGH

Breaking: access to #jessicaridgeway family's neighborhood now restricted. @DenverChannel

Blockade in front of #jessicaridgeway neighborhood. @denverchannel http://pic.twitter.com/kukv9uCR
(10-10-2012, 10:57 PM)lucimhome Wrote: Sadly I think it is her. I was so hopeful about them finding her. Her flyer and facebook page went viral so fast.

Breaking: access to #jessicaridgeway family's neighborhood now restricted. @DenverChannel

Blockade in front of #jessicaridgeway neighborhood. @denverchannel http://pic.twitter.com/kukv9uCR

The bad thing is, if it's not her than she is still missing, and this is another horrible death of a young child. I have a bad feeling about this though..
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!Thumb_smiley-vault-signs-060
Odd that they still don't seem to know whether or not the body was Jessica. This news report was only 42 min ago.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/...inues?lite

Police searching for missing Colorado schoolgirl Jessica Ridgeway found a body late Wednesday near the spot where she vanished, but at a brief press conference Thursday they said they were continuing to hunt for the 10-year-old.

..The body was removed from Pattridge Park in Arvada -- an area dotted with abandoned coal mines ...

Westminster Police spokesman Trevor Materasso did not release the gender or approximate age of the body, and said police have not tied the discovery of the body to the search for the missing girl.

At a short press conference Thursday morning, Westminster Police said investigators will continue the search in the Westminster neighborhood where Jessica lives....
Wow, this is an interesting development.

Abandoned car in New Hampshire may be connected to Jessica

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. — Police have cordoned off an area behind a Walmart in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and are investigating an abandoned car that may be connected to the search for missing Westminster 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

According to the Seacoast Online newspaper, Police had a K9 unit on scene Thursday morning and were investigating both the car, described as a blue station wagon with Colorado plates, and the area around it.

This news comes a day after police in the town of Dexter, Maine said they received a call from a woman who reportedly saw a girl matching Ridgeway’s description in a similar blue station wagon that also had Colorado plates. Dexter police said the caller reported spotting that vehicle on Sunday, and they also said there was a similar sighting reported in the nearby town of Harmony....
http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/

There's a guy who has been trying to lure girls into cars in Arvada, which is one town over from Westminster where Jessica lives. Here's a sketch:

[Image: candyman.jpg]

"The U.S. Marshall is looking for him after he failed to report to an Albany halfway house in March after serving a two-year sentence at a federal prison in North Carolina. He is listed as 15 most wanted and he admitted to sexually abusing two 10-year-old girls. He likes to hang around school grounds and playgrounds."

[Image: clydehall.jpg]
Oops...obviously the point of the above post is that the sketch of the guy in Arvada trying to lure kids with candy looks very much like Clyde Hall, who has admitted to abusing young girls.

The US Marshal's page on Hall isn't loading - probably too busy now - but here's the link to the cached page:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...=firefox-a

Clyde Hall Jr., a career sex offender, who is wanted in the Northern District of New York for violation of federal supervised release, failed to report to a halfway house in New York after serving a 25-month prison sentence for violations of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act at the Butner Federal Correctional Institute in North Carolina.

Hall has a violent and abusive criminal history dating back to 1985 with prior convictions for assault and multiple sex offenses. He is clinically diagnosed as a sociopathic psychosexual career sex offender and the State of New York has labeled him a Tier III sex offender, its most dangerous sex offender classification.

“Hall is a vicious sex offender with violent tendencies and a history that dictates he will most assuredly offend again,” said David L. Harlow, Assistant Director for Investigative Operations. “It is imperative that we employ every available investigative resource to immediately locate and arrest Hall before he has the opportunity to once again prey upon innocent women and children.”

Authorities warn that Hall is sexually attracted primarily to adolescent girls, but has secondary interests in and an attraction to younger boys. He has admitted to sexually abusing two 10-year-old girls and forcibly raping two adult women while in his twenties. Hall’s condition requires a high degree of clinical supervision and dictates he must participate in sex offender treatment. He poses a high degree of danger to the community.

“Hall is a career sex offender who committed countless violent acts against innocent women and children,” said David L. McNulty, U.S. Marshal for the Northern District of New York. “His capture deserves our full investigative attention and we will work with our federal, state, and local partners to ensure justice is served against this violent sexual predator. Hall cannot escape the long arm of the law.” ....

<<<<<<<

“Hall is a vicious sex offender with violent tendencies and a history that dictates he will most assuredly offend again,”...

So this guy was released because??????