Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lizzi Marriott: Missing NH college student dead; suspect charged
This is the Neice of one of the girls at my work. She was going crazy Friday asking everyone to look for her license plate, phone numbers too call, pictures etc. This is going to kill her with grief and sadness.

DOVER, N.H. (AP) — A martial arts instructor active in community theater was charged Saturday in the death of a 19-year-old University of New Hampshire student who disappeared days earlier.

Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, a marine biology major who volunteered at the New England Aquarium, is believed to be dead and law enforcement officials continued to search for her body, Assistant Attorney General James Vara said Saturday.

Seth Mazzaglia, 29, of Dover, who's charged with second-degree murder, knew Marriott, Yara said, but he declined to say how or what led to Mazzaglia's arrest. He said police had "credible" information leading them to believe Marriott is dead, though he wouldn't elaborate.

A family friend, Dawn Downey of Westborough, Mass., described Marriott as an attractive young woman who was active in chorus in high school and was prom queen during her junior year. Marriott was helping to put herself through college by working at Target.

"She was just a good girl. That's probably what got her in trouble. She was too trusting and she was beautiful. Those two things will kill you," Downey said.

link
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
How devastating for your friend's family; nightmare.

I hope the bastard gets what he deserves.

Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, 19, (left) was killed after she disappeared with plans to visit friends in Dover on Tuesday. Police have said 29-year-old Seth Mazzaglia of Dover (right) has been arrested. He's in custody and authorities have admitted that they have not yet recovered a body.

[Image: article-2217116-157DBE75000005DC-980_308x185.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I do not believe it was random, I think she knew him and he confessed. Probably threw her is a river or something. Thats not far from me.
If you confess, you might as well show them where you put the body. You are probably right, Maggot, about the river. Or he did something so bad he doesn't want them to find her...
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I've been following news reports of Lizzi's disappearance for the last several days. Her family was so sure she hadn't disappeared on her own - her father articulated how that meant the outcome would likely not be good - but that he was hoping for the best. My condolences to her family. Glad LE has a suspect - I wonder what led to his arrest.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regiona...uffocated/

The search for Elizabeth “Lizzi” Marriott, the 19-year-old University of New Hampshire student believed murdered by an alumni of the college, could take days as rescue workers turn to sonar and underwater cameras to find her body in the waters off Portsmouth.

New Hampshire Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said today at an afternoon press conference outside Dover District Court that the Westboro, Mass., woman was killed inside Seth Mazzaglia’s apartment in Dover.....

Earlier today, Judge Stephen Morrison in Dover District Court read a brief summary of the case against Mazzaglia, 29, of Dover, who was arraigned from the county jail on a single second-degree murder charge ....“You caused the death of Elizabeth Marriott,” the judge said. “The circumstances that manifested in an extreme indifference to human life by strangling her and/or suffocating her.”

Mazzaglia did not enter a plea and he was ordered held without bail. He is due back in court Oct. 29 for a probable cause hearing....

The judge also impounded a court affidavit detailing the steps leading up to Mazzaglia’s arrest. ...

From what I've read in other articles, Lizzie knew Mazzaglia from when they both had jobs at Target.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ds-newsxml

Missing murdered UNH student, 19, 'had sex with her S&M enthusiast killer before he strangled her'
... Source said a sexual encounter between the victim [Lizzie Marriott] and suspect [Mazzaglia] played a role in the murder
Mazzaglia is an aspiring actor, model and trained martial arts expert who is thought to have known Marriott
Mazzaglia had several accounts on bondage sites under the user name DarKaiser
Divers equipped with sonar and underwater cameras are scouring the ocean

The Portsmouth Herald source has revealed that police expect to make additional arrests in the case.

According to the Herald, Mazzaglia had several accounts on online dating sites, including OKCupid.com, where his user name was listed as DarKaiser.

Another account of a 29-year-old DarKaiser was found on an S&M website described as 'the world's largest largest BDSM (bondage, discipline, dominance and submission, and sadomasochism) community and the most exciting bondage and fetish Web site.'

The user by the name DarKaiser wrote in his profile that he is 'a master seeking a slave.' On another bondage website described as a Facebook 'run by kinksters,' a 29-year-old DarKaiser from New Hampshire wrote that he was looking for 'a lifetime relationship, a relationship; a play partner' princess by day, slut by night' and a sub.'

By all accounts, however, the 19-year-old student was not the kind of girl to willingly participate in deviant sexual practices.

Marriott's aunt said Lizzie loved marine biology, volunteered at the New England Aquarium in Boston and enjoyed reading the Harry Potter series and The Lord of the Rings trilogy with her 16-year-old brother, Robert....

Meanwhile, a neighbor of the 19-year-old student revealed on Tuesday that she heard a terrifying scream the night the young woman was killed....

The woman said she did not call police immediately after hearing the scream but came forward with the information on Sunday after investigators charged Mazzaglia in Marriott’s death....

...Marriott was a marine biology major who lived with her aunt in Chester. She was a 2011 graduate of Westborough High School in Massachusetts.

She had attended a class at the university on Tuesday night and made plans to visit a friend in Dover. Police tracked down the friends, who said Lizzi never arrived that evening.

Authorities have also analyzed her cell phone records - and those of her friends - and discovered she texted a friend at 10.11pm on Tuesday, saying she was on her way to Dover.

But that was the last activity on her phone and her bank accounts have not been accessed since....

The above is a small portion of a VERY long article.
JURY SELECTION UNDERWAY IN MURDER TRIAL

Maggot, I hope your friend's family gets the justice they deserve for Lizzi's death.

[Image: 894711_Student_10122012.jpeg]
^ Lizzi Marriott was murdered in October 2012. RIP.

[Image: bilde?Site=SO&Date=20140228&Category=NEW...der=0&Q=80]
^ Seth Mazzaglia, 31, of Dover, faces alternate counts of first-degree murder, as well as counts of second-degree murder, conspiracy and criminal solicitation in connection to the October 2012 death and disappearance of University of New Hampshire student Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott.

Mazzaglia should go away for life, IMO. Since his arrest, he's claimed he wasn't the one who smothered Lizzi (she was found naked with a bag and rope over her head in a hallway of his home), though his associates claim he told them that she died when he went too far in a sex act with her. He then claimed "blackouts", tried to blame other people for the death, attempted to get his ex-girlfriend to concoct a new lie with him by way of jailhouse letter...

[Image: bilde?Site=SO&Date=20130724&Category=NEW...der=0&Q=80]

^ The ex-girlfiend, Kathryn McDonough has already pleaded guilty to her role in the conspiracy to cover up Marriott's death. She was sentenced to 1½ to three years in prison in exchange for cooperating with investigators.

I believe that Mazzaglia is a remorseless liar and a killer and will be found guilty of murder, despite Lizzi's body not yet being found.

Jury selection is almost complete. By midday yesterday, 14 people were chosen. A panel of 12 jurors and four alternates will be seated.

Prospective jurors were warned in Strafford County Superior Court they're likely to hear graphic testimony about sex acts.

Mazzaglia has pleaded not guilty.

Refs:
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/2...-402280412
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jury-selecti...-marriott/
"He did it!............"No, she did it!"

Mazzaglia's ex testified at trial today.

20-year-old Kathryn McDonough pleaded guilty to helping him cover up the death and hide the body. She got a deal in exchange for testifying against her former live-in boyfriend.

Today, she told the court she witnessed Seth Mazzaglia strangle Lizzi Marriott to death.

Mazzaglia's defense is that it's actually McDonough who strangled Lizzi to death in rough sex play, and that he only said that he did it because he was protecting his girlfriend.

Too bad prosecutors needed McDonough's cooperation and testimony against Mazzaglia so badly. I'd have liked to see her do much more time for her role in the crimes.

Ref: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/witness-clai...-marriott/
The murder and disposal of Lizzi Marriott

Today's testimony makes me sad and angry for Lizzi Marriott and her loved ones.

Lizzi was lured to Mazzaglia under false pretenses by his girlfriend, Kathryn McDonough (one of Lizzi's co-workers), so the couple could have sex with her.

Lizzi refused to kiss Mazzaglia or watch the couple have sex when he asked her, so Mazzaglia strangled her from behind and then raped her while calling her all kinds of names.

The couple then stuffed Lizzi in a suit case and dumped her in the river.

That's what Kathryn McDonough told the court today; she cried near the end of her testimony, so court was stopped briefly.

The defense is gonna put her through the ringer on cross-examination -- they've gotta make the jury believe that she's the one who killed Lizzi.

Barring some huge surprise being revealed and confirmed during McDonough's cross, I don't think Mazzaglia has a chance in hell of beating this murder wrap. I hope he doesn't anyway. Lizzi died a terrible death.

Lizzi's father was in court today listening to the account of his daughters last hours and was understandably broken up.

Story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/witness-boyf...e-student/
CLOSING ARGUMENTS UNDERWAY

Testimony has concluded and the closing arguments are underway.

Jury deliberations will likely begin this week.

I'm torn on this one. Mazzaglia is a pig and I think he's guilty of causing Lizzi's death.

But his ex, Kat McDonough, is a also a pig and I do not believe that she was dominated by Mazzaglia, despite their age difference. She's proven to lie like a rug and I think she's ultra manipulative. I very much wish that the state had a more reliable witness against Mazzaglia, someone who I don't suspect might be equally culpable in Lizzi's death. McDonough's plea deal was way too sweet for my taste.

Anyway, her plea is a done deal and I hope the jury is more confident in her testimony and credibility than am I and that Mazzaglia isn't acquitted. I think he'll be convicted of at least second degree murder and conspiracy, but juries surprise me all the time.

Trial coverage: http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/2...-140629852

HOTD note: added the victim's name to the front of the tread title for ease of reference/search.
SETH MAZZAGLIA FOUND GUILTY -- MANDATORY LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT PAROLE

After a day of deliberations and a monthlong trial, jurors on Friday found Seth Mazzaglia guilty of two counts of murder for the strangulation death of University of New Hampshire sophomore Elizabeth “Lizzi” Marriott. The crimes are punishable by a mandatory sentence of life in prison with no chance of parole.

[Image: AR-304109893.jpg&MaxH=225&MaxW=225]
After the verdicts were announced, Marriott’s father Bob (pictured above with Lizzi) was hugged by friends, family and members of law enforcement who worked on the investigation.

“We are very grateful that the jury returned a guilty verdict for first degree murder,” Bob Marriott said. “Because it will keep the convict in prison for the rest of his life. Keeping him off the streets protects the other young women who might have otherwise become additional victims which is what we had hoped for. Unfortunately, a trial, even with a conviction, can not console us over the loss of Lizzi. We will always miss her and wonder what could have been. In fact the trial has been torturous for us. The truth of what happens to Lizzi is horrendous. And every time it has been told, it has reinforced the despair that we feel.’

Marriott also thanked jurors, prosecutors, police officers and court staff for their help and comfort.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/2...-140629741
(06-25-2014, 03:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: someone who I don't suspect might be equally culpable in Lizzi's death. McDonough's plea deal was way too sweet for my taste.

It certainly was! 1 12 to 3 yrs. Jeezus. That's nothing! If it wasn't for her Lizzie wouldn't have been there. This is another very sad case :(
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'd hoped that hearing McDonough during the trial would alleviate my doubts about her complicity.

Instead, it only made me doubt her more.

I fully expect to see that conniving little bitch in trouble with the law again.

That's not to say that I don't think Mazzaglia deserves to be caged for life; just that I think his ex deserves 10 years behind bars as an accessory -- at the least.

Oh well, one outta two.
CASE CLOSED

[Image: seth.jpg]
Seth Mazzaglia received the maximum sentence yesterday - life in prison.
At the sentencing hearing, he maintained that he did not kill Lizzi and it was his-then girlfriend and star witness against him, Kat McDonough (I really really wish she hadn't gotten such a sweet plea deal -- her hands are very dirty).

VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENTS
[Image: article-2330907-19FF76F2000005DC-207_634x596.jpg]
Bob and Melissa Marriott with their daughter, Lizzi

Bob Marriott: “All the goodness in Lizzi could not save her from you. When you killed her, you cemented your place on the side of evil.”
Melissa Marriott: "I want you to know that I hate you unequivocally . . . You stole our smart, vivacious, beautiful daughter from us.”

Bob Marriott read a poem that Lizzi had written about a swan killed by a hunter.
,,, But then, alas, the hunter’s bow
,,,Struck down the angel of new snow
,,,The graceful white tainted by gore
,,,The swan to fly again nevermore.

[Image: bilde?Site=SO&Date=20140530&Category=NEW...der=0&Q=80]
Brittany Atwood, Lizzi Marriott's girlfriend.
"She was the love of my life. She was a bright light and always will be."

George Bentley, Lizzi's great-uncle: “Rot in hell, you degenerate,” He suggested that Mazzaglia kill himself. “A pathetic and inhumane being like you has no logical reason to remain on this earth.”

Story: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/08...story.html
The scumbag still says he is innocent and tried to avoid the sentencing, avoiding the wrath of the family and friends. Her mother is the sister of a girl that works with me.
Woman in sex offering, death case released from prison

Taken from: http://www.nh1.com/news/woman-in-sex-off...om-prison/

CONCORD - A New Hampshire woman is free after serving a three-year prison sentence for luring a co-worker to her apartment in 2012 as a sex offering to her domineering boyfriend, then helping him dispose of the co-worker's body after authorities say he strangled and raped her.

Corrections spokesman Jeff Lyons says Kathryn "Kat" McDonough was released from the Goffstown women's prison at 12:05 a.m. Saturday.

The 22-year-old pleaded guilty in 2013 to lying about the death of 19-year-old Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, of Westborough, Mass. She testified against Seth Mazzaglia, saying their sexual relationship included bondage and sadomasochism. He's serving a sentence of life without parole.

McDonough first told investigators that Marriott died during rough sex between them. After getting immunity from prosecution, she changed her story, saying Mazzaglia killed Marriott after she rejected him.