Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple accused of trying to grill their dead son's body.

Prison for Detroit couple accused of trying to grill son's body
A Detroit couple accused of trying to cremate their dead 2-year-old son on a barbecue grill, and then hiding the remains while collecting welfare benefits for the child, were both sentenced to prison today.

Nickella Reid, 23, pleaded guilty last month in Wayne County Circuit Court to involuntary manslaughter and welfare fraud in connection with the death of her son, Deuntay Miller. She was sentenced today by Judge Michael Callahan to 10 to 15 years.

Joseph Miller, 28, pleaded guilty last month to second-degree murder for Deuntay's death. Callahan sentenced him to 22 to 50 years.

The case broke when Reid and her mother took Deuntay's 1-year-old brother, Nicholas Miller, to Children's Hospital of Michigan in Detroit on Nov. 11, 2007, for second- and third-degree burns. Prosecutors said at the time that 35% of Nicholas' body had been burned, and he is still recovering.

Miller also pleaded guilty to first-degree child abuse for the burns Nicholas sustained.

The toddler, who needs additional surgery, is in foster care, Miller's attorney, Gabi Silver, previously said. There have been no family visits.

Police said Reid told investigators that Miller scalded their son with water in their home on Lillibridge in Detroit.

Reid then told police of Deuntay's death and directed them to Miller's sister's home on Lappin, where the toddler's remains had been sealed in the ceiling. Officers from the Violent Crimes Task Force made the discovery.

Reid and Miller told police that they tried to cremate Deuntay in a barbecue grill to avoid funeral costs.

Prosecutors previously said that Deuntay had been dead for nine months to a year when police found his remains.

Police later learned that Reid had been collecting welfare and food stamps in the names of Deuntay and four other children.

Medical experts said examination of Deuntay's skeletal remains showed healed breaks in both of his legs and signs of malnutrition in the development of his bones.

This is so fucking sick ::angrier::.
I hope these two benefit scrounging retards are fucking strung up ...cunts ..dirty fucking lazy scrounging cunts.::bang::

I would stop eating chocolate.. but I'm not a quitter!

:B
::angrier::::angrier::::angrier::

What the hell, man???? Things just get worse and worse. These people are beyond 'sick'. They need to be excuted. How the hell do people get AWAY with this crazy shit??
I wish I didn't read that. This is why I don't read the paper or watch the news, I'd rather just live in my own little world and not have to think about that crap.
I have no words except why doesn't Michigan have the death penalty?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Michigan is run by far left liberals who think death is inhumane for people like this.
The Antagonist Wrote:Michigan is run by far left liberals who think death is inhumane for people like this.
Ridiculous. These people should receive the same treatment they gave their children.
I agree. This is disgusting beyond description.
The mother gets 10-15 years? That's it for killing her child and burning another one? Both of them should have gotten life without parole since there is no death penalty.
Where did the fucking morons who put this stuff wherever you got it from learn to write? Its not "pleaded" guilty, its PLEAD guilty. God fucking damn people. Learn the motherfucking English language!
D Wrote:Where did the fucking morons who put this stuff wherever you got it from learn to write? Its not "pleaded" guilty, its PLEAD guilty. God fucking damn people. Learn the motherfucking English language!
That's all you got from this post? :?
ramseycat Wrote:The mother gets 10-15 years? That's it for killing her child and burning another one? Both of them should have gotten life without parole since there is no death penalty.
You stupid soup chicken. The mother didn't kill the kid, her boyfriend did. She got the involuntary manslaughter because she was part of it, but didn't actually do it. Still, very fucked up.

And Ant according to the political compass, I'm half way into the left... and *I* think we should have the death penalty. And besides, we had Republican morons for like 28 years, so don't talk smack Smiley_emoticons_razz
D Wrote:
ramseycat Wrote:The mother gets 10-15 years? That's it for killing her child and burning another one? Both of them should have gotten life without parole since there is no death penalty.
You stupid soup chicken. The mother didn't kill the kid, her boyfriend did. She got the involuntary manslaughter because she was part of it, but didn't actually do it. Still, very fucked up.

And Ant according to the political compass, I'm half way into the left... and *I* think we should have the death penalty. And besides, we had Republican morons for like 28 years, so don't talk smack Smiley_emoticons_razz

Half way into the left is NOT far left like I explained. Detroit has not seen any republican leadership for well over 30 + years.... how's that working out for you?

I'll talk all the truthful smack I want. ::finger::
D Wrote:

She is the mother and she didn't stop the fucking BF from killing her child. She is just as fucking guilty.
The Antagonist Wrote:
D Wrote:

Half way into the left is NOT far left like I explained. Detroit has not seen any republican leadership for well over 30 + years.... how's that working out for you?

I'll talk all the truthful smack I want. ::finger::
And what does Detroit leadership have to do with the state having the Death Penalty? Not a god damned thing. My main problem however was your assertion that the left is inherently against the DP. Which I know many leftists that would enjoy the DP being reinstated here.
Tastes like chicken.
ramseycat Wrote:
D Wrote:

She is the mother and she didn't stop the fucking BF from killing her child. She is just as fucking guilty.
Does your brain work? Did it ever occur to you that she was afraid of the guy? Not a normal afraid, but terrified to the point of never standing up to him? If he is abusing his kids like this, I'm sure he abused the hell out of her too. You ignorant twit. Besides, it doesn't say anywhere that she DIDN'T try and stop him. But obviously if she did she failed. However she definitely DID help cover it up. So yeah. She is guilty of a lot, but it'd take some evidence that she actually helped kill the kid before I'd say she is "just as guilty" as he is.
Fuck you Dumbass. It's a mother's job to protect her babies. I don't care how scared she was of her BF. She should have protected her children. I was afraid of my ex for along time. But if he EVER touched one of my kids, I would have been all over him. There should never be any fear greater than the love of your child.
ramseycat Wrote:Fuck you Dumbass. It's a mother's job to protect her babies. I don't care how scared she was of her BF. She should have protected her children. I was afraid of my ex for along time. But if he EVER touched one of my kids, I would have been all over him. There should never be any fear greater than the love of your child.
And if she tried and he beat her down? What then? She's still "just as guilty" if shes laying on the floor unconscious? My whole point is that you don't know the circumstances. You're making a judgment based on incomplete information. Its fucking idiot mongers like you that have turned this country into the toilet it is now.
D Wrote:
ramseycat Wrote:Fuck you Dumbass. It's a mother's job to protect her babies. I don't care how scared she was of her BF. She should have protected her children. I was afraid of my ex for along time. But if he EVER touched one of my kids, I would have been all over him. There should never be any fear greater than the love of your child.
And if she tried and he beat her down? What then? She's still "just as guilty" if shes laying on the floor unconscious? My whole point is that you don't know the circumstances. You're making a judgment based on incomplete information. Its fucking idiot mongers like you that have turned this country into the toilet it is now.
I can't even believe you are defending her.I don't have to know the circumstances. She helped the fucker cover it up. AND she threw boiling water on her other kid. You will NEVER convince me that she isn't as guilty as the BF. Instead of covering up the murder, she should have gone to the police.
ramseycat Wrote:
D Wrote:
I can't even believe you are defending her.I don't have to know the circumstances. She helped the fucker cover it up. AND she threw boiling water on her other kid. You will NEVER convince me that she isn't as guilty as the BF. Instead of covering up the murder, she should have gone to the police.
You need to learn to read twat face. The boyfriend did the water too. And she turned him in for it, and in so doing herself as well. God you're dumber than usual today.