Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ESAD's Serial Killers/Psychology/Pathology Thread (DISCUSSION)
Night Stalker-Richard Ramirez and the Zodiac Killer are probably the two that intrigue me the most (not in a positive way); killings were close to home when I was really young.

Ramirez is the scary stereotype of a random serial killer that I have in my mind; watching footage of him at his trial was truly eerie. Still now, can't listen to Night Prowler by AC/DC without picturing Ramirez's face all the way through. I don't think the guy shoulda been allowed to get married (and can't believe he has so many groupies, still). Very sick fuck. Always wondered if he'd have turned out differently if he hadn't witnessed his uncle blow his wife's face off when he was so young?

With Zodiac, I'm not completely convinced that Arthur Leigh Allen was the killer, but seems he was the most likely suspect. When I'd see him interviewed locally from time to time over the years, however, he didn't seem intellligent enough to have developed the cryptogram and played cat and mouse with the police and reporters for so long (but who woulda thought an absolute dipshit like Dennis Rader BTK could elude LE for decades?). Some Zodiac followers are freakin' fanatics and are still attacking each other over differences of opinions as to the most likely identity of Zodiac (from the list of 5 that seem pretty consistent, with Allen typically at the top). I don't think this one will ever be officially solved. If you've got a profile of suspect characterisitcs, would be interesting in seeing it.
P.s. David Fincher did a really good job with the 2007 movie, "Zodiac".

I don't know much about some of the more recently apprehended serial killers in the US. Haven't read anything about Anthony Sowell's profile yet for example, other than he got away with killing so many women (typically drug addicts and prostitutes) and shoving them into the walls of his house for way too long. It was weird watching the news a couple of years back as LE was searching/excavating the house and there was a little counter at the bottom of the screen for the increasing body count.

P.s. Karla Homolka should be in jail for life; stupid prosecutors and premature plea deal on that one. Watching the video of she and Bernardo raping (and collaterally killing) her little sister is infuriating; she looks to be having a wonderful time. Ughhh.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESAD's Serial Killers/Psychology/Pathology Thread (DISCUSSION) - by HairOfTheDog - 11-05-2012, 11:32 AM