Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
I can't say if you should talk with them about this specific or recent incidents or not.

When my kids were about 6 & 8 I started to talk to them about their personal safety. Mostly about being aware of their surroundings and the people they come in contact with.

As time went on I frequently reminded them about being safe in everything they did. Whether it was walking facing traffic or looking at the people around them. I also wanted them to be able to talk to me about anything that worried them or made them afraid.

There are many resources available in most communities that teach personal safety. I would recommend you take a course or class that will help you communicate to your young ones the importance of being safe in all aspects of their life.

Our recent experience here and todays tragedy in CT should make every parent take stock of how they can help their children survive should they ever be put in such a situation.
I love my country! I don't trust my government!

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by HarleyGuy - 12-14-2012, 05:47 PM