Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
(02-21-2013, 12:59 PM)Jimbone Wrote: OJ got off by good lawyers making big issue out of police errors, character assassination of police investigators and methods, and taking advantage of prosecutor mistakes.

We're not even really into this case yet, and how many of those factors have already occurred in favor of the defense for Pistorious?

All of them.

I hope you are right however. If he killed her intentionally it'd be a shame for someone to get away with such a heinous crime.

What you described in OJ's case isn't corruption; it happens in court rooms around the world every day. The defense betters the prosecution and exploits its weaknesses, legitimately or through shady tactics.

You said that Pistorius will walk because of corruption, primarily money. That's the point with which I would bet against you. If Pistorius does walk, corruption/money won't be the reasons with the whole world watching and analyzing a criminal murder trial for the shooting of this particular victim under these circumstances, imo.

Even if Pisotrius didn't kill her intentionally (or it can't be proven that he did), he will not walk. In that case, he killed someone intentionally because he acted recklessly. Wrongful death at the hands of Pistorius is not disputed as it was in OJ's case.

I don't think Pistorius will get off scot-free in any case. We know he killed Reeva, the only questions are "why?" and to some degree "how?". It's a completely different scenario. The only thing the cases have in common are famous athletes being charged with murder.

We'll see. Smiley_emoticons_smile

ETA: as ESAD noted, jury vs. judge is another big difference between the cases...

Messages In This Thread
RE: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 02-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM