Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
(02-27-2013, 05:35 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Thanks! for the latest information above. What kind of concoction is this to take, sounds like some kind of African Witch Doctor Brew. It's horrible.

Sounds like something straight outta Maytee's caldron.

According to the article, it's animal steroid. I don't know if police will release the results of the tests to the public when they're finished or hold them for trial; I'm curious. Pistorius's team is sure in full-on public relations/perception mode, even stating on his website that they'll be releasing new developments in the case as they arise. They're not waiting for trial, they're courting public opinion, obviously.

(02-27-2013, 05:35 PM)NightOwl Wrote: I did notice he was permitted to visit the Stander family where his home is located, I wondered why? then who are they? and thought that's very convenient for him to pop over to his own home. No HairOfTheDog I missed the name Stander ranting and raving on about his lovely parties, so I'm sure glad you connected that one, I was too busy with miss Memory LOL she's questionable but, so is Botha, I hope we do hear from her.

I'm not sure who this Stander family are, contractors was mentioned in one article but, Burry Stander 25 yearold bicyclst came in 5th at the London Olympics, was hit by a Taxi January 4th 2013, he was married to elite road cyclist Cherise Taylor in May last year. Pistorius paid tribute to Stander. He tweeted: 'Absolutely devastated by the tragic news of Burry Stander's passing. A South African Icon and sporting great. RIP my friend.

I didn't find any connection between the cyclist Burry Stander and Pistorius's neighbor, Frans Stander. Sad story about Burry though; South Africa seems rife with accidents (and non-accidents played off to be accidents too) just based on my readings in regards to this case alone. Yesterday I came across an article about how Oscar's dad, Henke, shot himself in the testicles several years back while cleaning his gun. Jesus.

(02-27-2013, 05:35 PM)NightOwl Wrote: We don't know if Detective Botha bothered to check his body for scratches. Botha is a bit of a softy I think, so what is going on in South Africa? it's like a good old boys network, these so called celebrities are thinking they will get off and what the heck he's getting paid Lawyers will lie.

Botha's bad news; I've scratched anything he contributed to the case; starting over with the new investigator.

Celebrities in the US get away with a lot of shit too that gets swept under the rug. A lot of shit. I think it's the same everywhere, actually.

But, when it comes to killing someone, the game changes. I think that authorities went after OJ, Robert Blake, Phil Spector..., with mixed results, but authorities by no means looked the other way on the homicides. They couldn't really even if they'd wanted to; everyone was watching and people aren't stupid. Robert Pastorelli would have been next if he hadn't od'd on heroine once LAPD confirmed that they'd reclassified his girlfriend's death from suicide to homicide and that he was the prime suspect.

I expect that South African authorities will fully pursue conviction of Pistorius as well. Maybe they'll succeed and maybe not, but I don't think money will buy Pistorius a free pass on this (plus, the South African people are not stupid and they and the rest of the world are watching). I don't think Pistorius is gonna plea to culpable homicide even if it's offered. I think he wants to go to trial and probably believes that he'll get away with his self defense claim, avoid any jail time, and everything will be as it was before he shot at his girlfriend four times and killed her on Valentine's Day. He's wrong, imo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 02-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM