Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
Thanks for the info, NightOwl.

I haven't looked into Pistorius's mother specifically. I know from interviews that he's given that she was his inspiration. She would tell him to put his legs on before school just like she'd tell his brother to put his shoes on; not to feel sorry himself and to strive for everything he wanted. His parents divorced when he was young and it sounds like it was contentious. It's sad for Oscar that his mom died early in his teens, especially given that he did not have a close relationship with his father. He said that his father was away for work at the mines most of the time. He recently said (before he killed Reeva) that his father is still more like a mate than a father. His fascination with guns is also well documented in interviews he's given over the last few years, he wasn't low-key about it.

I have no doubt that Pistorius's disability, his home life, his father's apparent fascination with guns...all contribute to who he is today and therefore factor into his adult actions (the good he's accomplished along with the pain he's inflicted upon others). Same is true for all of us. I agree with you that it looks like he's an angry young man. He may also be paranoid. He may also have substance abuse problems. None of those things would surprise me in the least.

One thing's for sure, Oscar Pistorius killed his girlfriend either intentionally or recklessly. I think it's the former and that he's a liar (I suspect that he lied about the boating accident and the restaurant shooting incidents where he could have killed his passengers/friends/bystanders too). No matter what, he is the one and only person responsible for Reeva's death and needs to be held accountable. Based on my interpretations of other incidents that I've read about involving Pistorius, his family, friends and handlers appear to cover for him instead of encouraging him to tell the truth and accept the consequences. I hope that the court will hold him accountable and that the South African justice system will do its job for Reeva Steenkamp's loved ones.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM