Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
Where are the Steenkamps?

Neither of the Steenkamps attended any preliminary hearings. Mr. Steenkamp reportedly suffered a stroke very recently; not well enough to travel.

Mrs. Steenkamp attented the first day of trial. She told reporters that she was there only because she wanted to see Pistorius face-to-face, for him to look her in the eye. That didn't happen.

After sitting through the first day of the trial dressed in black, she gave an interview to NBC Today show in the United States.

[Image: OSCAR-PISTORIUS-mo_2840079c.jpg]
June Steenkamp during first day of testimony

From June Steenkamp's NBC interview:
"I don't want to live with bitterness," she told the Today show in her first live interview since the trial started. "One must forgive. I've lost everything that's important to me, and still, I can forgive. I can forgive."

"I wanted to see Oscar face-to-face," she said, "and let him know I was there." But Pistorius "never looked my way, or he didn't have an opportunity to do that," she said.

June Steenkamp added it doesn't matter what happens to the man accused of murder, because her daughter "is never coming back."

I feel for Reeva's parents and her second family with whom she was living when she was killed (they are attending the trial).

If it were my daughter who was killed, I would be at that trial every damned day and I think it matters a great deal what happens to Pistorius. While Reeva's not coming back, Pistorius should be handed a punishment to fit the crime and, if he's guilty, poses a threat to others if not held accountable. The "forgiveness" part, well, I'd try. Mostly, I'd be focused on justice for my daughter. But, I understand that hearing the details is probably very painful and everyone grieves in their own way. Wishing the Steenkamps peace.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 03-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM