Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
DAY 3

Ear Witness Cross-Examination
Mr. Johnson was cross-examined by Roux. He doesn't seem to have crumbled, but his demeanor isn't as strong as his wife's (IMO). Roux suggested the same thing to Johnson as he did to Burger; that Johnson had actually heard the cricket bat rather than gun shots after the first screams. Roux brought the cricket bat into court. Johnson was dismissed.

Burger's and Johnson's witness accounts were evidence unknown to me before the trial started. I think their statements very much bolster the prosecution's charge of premeditated murder.

If Roux doesn't present witnesses or facts that clearly impeach their characters and motives, I think Michelle Burger and her husband Charl Johnson are a big threat to Pistorius's chances of selling a mistaken identity defense. If the judge finds the couple credible, the female screams they heard before the shots make it virtually impossible to believe Pistorius was shooting at what he thought was an intruder and instead points strongly to a domestic dispute murder, IMO.

Gun Charges - Three Witnesses Called
Witnesses to the charges associated with firing a gun in a restaurant were called today as well. Pistorius' friend Kevin Lerena told the court that Oscar wanted to see another guest's gun during a group dinner at a restaurant. The gun owner was Darren Fresco. Fresco told Oscar that there was a bullet in chamber and passed it under the table - Pistorius accidentally discharged the gun (and a witness says there was a child at the next table). The noisy restaurant went silent. Lerena's toe was grazed. He was in shock. Pistorius asked if everyone was okay and then asked Darren to take the blame, which Darren did.

The restaurant was called Tasha's. The owner and his wife, Richard and Maria Loupis, who were both present when the gun went off, testified - not really critical testimony as far as I can see. After it happened, they were told that Darren Fresco had accidentally discharged the gun, the group apologized, Pistorius paid the bill and the group left.

Live Tweets Day 3 Coverage:
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_...3-20140305
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_...2-20140305

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 03-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM