Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
(03-05-2014, 04:30 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I think the prosecution are really pursuing the restaurant incident to try and get it into the judges mind that Pistorius is a deceptive twat willing to do anything to escape justice.

Roux has been all bark and no bite for me so far.

I think you're right that Nel wants the judge to see that Pisotorius has a history of making up stories to save his ass when he gets into trouble with a gun.

A second reason that Nel is pursuing the old weapons-related charges is, IMO, to increase the chances of Pistorius serving time (or longer time) if he's found not guilty of the premeditated murder and gets a light sentence if convicted of only culpable homicide. Worst case: even if Pistorius walks completely on both possible murder charges, he could do some time if found guilty on the weapons charges. Back-up and cushioning - I think it's wise.

Despite his loud barking, Roux hasn't succeeded in making me doubt the prosecution witnesses so far either. There are still about 100 other witnesses on the list, so he may have something more up his chomping sleeve down the road?

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 03-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM