Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
(03-14-2014, 03:14 PM)Duchess Wrote: I'd like to hear some explanation in regards to the coroner's report about the food in Reeva's stomach given Oscar said they were in bed at 10 PM. Also, I think there was an unopened Valentine's gift, I'd like to know about that too simply because most women wouldn't leave something like that wrapped after being presented with it. I say that thinking it was for Reeva and not Oscar AND Oscar stating he was fine when asked by security if everything was alright (or words to that effect).

Curious about those things too.

The coroner testified that his estimates of last eat time (based on Reeva's stomach content) were based on experience and reading medical journals. Roux produced some journals to suggest that digestion time could vary greatly based on a number of factors. IIRC, the coroner then conceded that his estimate that Reeva had eaten "2 hours before death" could be off by an hour, but not more - in his opinion.

Not sure Nel would wanna push the issue much further. I could see Roux countering that since (according to his client) Reeva got up to use the toilet without Pistorius hearing her, she could have also gotten up earlier and snacked.

As for the gift (assuming there was one in the house) wondering if Nel will touch that. Pistorius could say that he was planning on Reeva opening it the next day when they awoke, Valentine's Day. It might backfire and create some sympathy for Pistorius and work against the notion that the couple was having problems/arguments.

I might be totally off - just thinking out loud. Next week should be an interesting one. Anxious to see what Nel focuses upon as the trial winds down. Really hoping he's got something in addition to the screams neighbors heard to back-up the "row" contention. Maybe Nel has phone records and/or friends of the couple who can testify as to discord between the two and he's saving those things for last? Hope so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 03-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM