Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
PROSECUTION RESTS ITS CASE

Nel called Col. Vermuelen back to the stand today as his final witness in the prosecution's case.

I think Nel was hoping to reinforce that the holes and the marks on the toilet door fit the prosecution's version of events.

But, IMO, Vermuelen helped the defense more than the prosecution today. On cross, Roux asked Vermuelen again why he didn't analyze height issues in examining the door. Vermuelen said he wasn't asked to do so. When asked by Roux why he didn't examine the footprints on the door after the defense investigators pointed them out (supporting Pistorius' contention that he tried to kick the door down while on his prosthetics), Vermuelen responded that he wasn't asked to do so.

Those weren't minor details that were overlooked and I think it really worked against the credibility of the state's experts. JMO.

Personally, I believe that Pistorius shot Reeva in a rage through the door. Did he mean to kill her? I don't know. But, he took the time to grab a gun and shoot it 4 times in her direction (works towards premeditation, whether he put on his prosethetics or not). To me, the neighbors hearing the female's terrified screams, along with the electronic messages from Reeva expressing fear of Pistorius, were the most compelling evidence in support of the prosecution's case. Mangena's testimony about Reeva being shot in the head last and therefore being able to scream after the first shots was critical too.

Court is in recess until Friday to allow the defense time to get all of its ducks in a row to present its case in chief. Interested to see if Roux has anything more than he threw out in the cross-examinations to counter the "female" screaming and support the "bat bangs". I bet he does. Surely, he'll present all of the loving messages between the couple. Pistorius is expected to testify.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 03-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM