Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
Pistorius Testifies - The Apology

At Pistorius' request, he was not shown on the court's camera, but the audio was carried.

^ Pistorius apologizes to Steenkamp family

His voice was tearful and shaky as he began his long awaited account by apologizing to Steenkamp's family.

"There hasn't been a moment since this tragedy happened that I haven't thought about your family," Pistorius said. "I wake up every morning and you're the first people I think of, the first people I pray for."

Reeva Steenkamp's mother sat stone-faced in the courtroom.

“I was simply trying to protect Reeva,” he said. "I can promise that when she went to bed that night she felt loved."

He told the court that he is haunted by her death and that his love affair with guns is over. "I'm scared to sleep. I have terrible nightmares about things that happened that night. I can smell the blood and I wake up to be terrified.... I'd rather not sleep," he said through sobs.

Pistorius said that he is on anti-depressants and takes sleeping pills. Pistorius, who owned several guns and used to sleep with one, says he doesn't want to touch a gun again. Instead, a security man stands outside his door, he testified.

In talking about his childhood he said his mother slept with a firearm tucked inside a padded bag underneath her pillow. "She often got scared at night. We didn't live in the best of areas. There was a lot of crime. She would call the police, call us to her room and we would wait for the police to arrive," he said.

Ref:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/osca...d=23218935

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 04-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM