Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
(04-07-2014, 10:47 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'm fascinated by Oscar's demeanor, utterly enthralled and I believe he's deeply sorry however, I also believe he has major issues with self-control and Reeva's death is directly related to him losing control of his emotions. I think he does whatever he wants to do in whatever manner he chooses, good or bad and I think people have cleaned up or taken responsibility for Oscar's bullshit for a long time. This time he needs to pay for his actions himself.

Definitely self-control issues and having his ass covered by others; there's a pattern of that going on long before he killed Reeva.

I don't know if I believe the vomiting and the tears are sincere and that he is remorseful. Could be. Could be that he's working hard to present himself as weak and vulnerable.

The defense needs the court to believe that Pistorius' actions shouldn't be judged on what "a reasonable South African citizen" would do under the same circumstances. They will make a case that his disability makes him more vulnerable and what's reasonable for most citizens shouldn't apply to him, IMO.

The second prosecution witness was the neighbor who lived closest to Pistorius. Estelle van der Merwe testified that when the final screaming was going on, her husband said it wasn't a woman, but instead Pistorius (whose voice he knows). Will be very surprised if Roux doesn't call Mr. van der Merwe to the stand as a defense witness. The court cannot believe beyond reasonable doubt that Reeva was screaming (as the other neighbors testified) without convicting Pistorius.

Exposed to high crime as a kid (Pistorius mentioned that in his testimony today), vulnerable, disabled, and screaming like a woman when he discovered he'd shot the love of his life by mistake. That's what the defense needs the court to believe.

Nel was aggressive during his cross of Botha -- gonna be very interesting to hear him cross-examine Pistorius this week.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 04-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM