Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
(04-09-2014, 09:12 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Did the prosecution ask Oscar why he would think an intruder would be in the master bath with the door closed? Doesn't that seem odd? An intruder would not be in the bathroom.

"Hey, hang on. I've got to pee and then I'll attack you."

It was part of his statement and has been addressed in his testimony this week. He recounted hearing a window sliding open in his bathroom when he got out of bed to address the patio fan. He said that conditioned by years of living in crime-ridden South Africa, the noises convinced him someone was breaking into his luxury Pretoria home through that window.

Before his testimony, I'd never heard him claim that Reeva was actually awake in bed and had just spoken to him (she said, "can't you sleep, my baba?" -- according to him) when he contends that he got up to address the patio fan just before the shooting. It's a big deal. IMO, it's an attempt to explain why he wouldn't have considered that it was Reeva in the toilet -- he was only out of bed for a very short time and he obviously believed that she was still in bed -- sadly, he simply didn't hear her go in there. That's the scenario that I think the defense wants the judge to believe.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 04-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM