Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
(04-08-2014, 06:27 PM)Duchess Wrote: He told Reeva's Mom that Reeva went to bed feeling loved. How dare he. I'm unreasonably irked by that.

I know what you mean.

I'm irked by the fact that Pistorius refuses to say directly, "I shot and killed Reeva".

Nel started his cross-examination of Pistorius today and asked him to take responsibility and make the statement. Pistorius just said, "I made a mistake".

Here's the clip of Nel trying to get it out of him.

I guess what irks me is that it's not even contested that he shot and killed Reeva -- it's only contested as to why he did so.

So, Pistorius being unwilling to say the words reinforces my belief that he'll say whatever he needs to say, and avoid saying what is true if he doesn't think it reflects favorably on him, in order to save his ass.

If I were Roux, I'd have advised Pistorius to make that statement if asked to do so in court. Wonder if Roux failed to anticipate that Nel would make such a request.

ETA: the closest Pistorius comes is "I took Reeva's life"; much softer than "I shot and killed Reeva" -- which is what was requested.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 04-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM