Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
IT WAS MISTAKEN IDENTITY AND IT WAS AN ACCIDENT - Pistorius claims...

"I didn't intend to shoot. My firearm was pointed at the door because that's where I believed that somebody was," he said. "When I heard a noise, I didn't have to think, and I fired -- I fired my weapon. It was an accident."

Well, there we have it. Pistorius directly stated during cross-examination today that not only did he shoot due to mistaken identity, but he did it without thinking and it was an accident. BULLSHIT.

I hope the judge sees it as I do. He's clearly lying about the "didn't mean to shoot, it was an accident" scenario. It's been proven that he told those same lies when discharging firearms illegally in the past. And, he was more trained and experienced with firearms than most; liked shooting guns and was comfortable doing so. He'd intentionally shoot an intruder, and that would likely be justified under the law if his story were true.

So, why lie about that? In my mind, since he feels compelled to lie about intending to shoot through the toilet door in order to minimize what he did, there's no reasonable doubt that he's lying about knowing who he was shooting at. That's what I think. But the prosecution still has an uphill battle, IMO.

Nel kept hammering Pistorius during cross-examination today. Good; he needs to get the prosecution's theory heard and challenge Pistorius' version. I hope it's enough -- there is no physical evidence to condemn Pistorius and definitively disprove his version of events. The case is almost entirely circumstantial -- the "female" screams the neighbors heard and the idea that the couple was arguing are keys to the prosecution's case.

If the judge doesn't think those points have been proven beyond reasonable doubt, it's just culpable homicide -- unless she also believes that it was an accident and Pistorius didn't mean to shoot or kill anybody but was instead so vulnerable that he was in auto survivor mode -- in which case he could walk (figuratively).

I don't think he's getting out of the previous firearm charges no matter what, but not sure how much time (if any) he could get for those.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 04-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM