Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
Cross-examination of Pistorius continues -- 14 April 2014

[Image: Gerrie-Nel-340x194.jpeg]

Prosecutor Nel took Pistorius detail by detail through what happened on the night of Steenkamp's death -- where he moved, how he moved, what he saw -- aggressively questioning him about the moments before the shooting.

Speaking about the noise he said he thought had been caused by intruders, the athlete described how he started shouting.

Asked what he shouted, Pistorius broke down as he answered: "Get the f**k out of my house. Get the f**k out of my house." (HOTD: I think he's being honest about that -- has to be, in case that's what the neighbors heard -- but, I don't believe he shouted those words in the context that he's now claiming).

Nel also said the fact that a pair of Steenkamp's jeans was lying on the bed showed that when she was shot, she was in the middle of getting dressed in order to leave. Pistorius denied this, saying the jeans were inside out, meaning she'd taken them off, not that she was putting them on.

The prosecutor also pointed to forensic evidence that showed Steenkamp had eaten within a couple of hours of her death.

The athlete says the couple had last eaten together about 7 p.m., around eight hours before Steenkamp was shot.
He said there was no fight and they had a quiet evening together, before he woke up on hearing a noise in the bathroom.

Nel repeatedly asked the athlete why he fired, and if he did so intentionally. "No, I did not," Pistorius said. "I fired because I got a fright."

Nel has openly called the athlete's version "a lie," contending Pistorius knew exactly what he was doing when he fired his gun.

"I blame myself for taking Reeva's life," Pistorius said.

Describing what happened after the shots, Pistorius' high-pitched voice wobbled. He said he went to the bed and realized Steenkamp was not there, and then felt the curtains to see if she was behind them.

"Then I was panicking, realizing she wasn't answering," the runner said. "I was screaming, I was screaming out for her."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/14/world/...?hpt=hp_t2

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 04-14-2014, 09:55 AM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM