Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
(05-05-2014, 08:53 PM)crash Wrote: ETA: apologies HotD, I know this is the crime forum, no more OT.

No worries, crash -- the only thing that I'll push to another sub-forum is off-topic trolling or an extended off-topic conversation/battle that better fits somewhere else.

I agree with you that Pistorius telling Stander that he'd mistaken Reeva for an intruder right after the shooting probably bolstered the defense's version of events. Nel pushed on the Standers in cross, but there wasn't too much he could do to poke holes in their testimonies without looking like a bully for little benefit. Their testimonies were largely just their opinions of Pistorius' state of mind/heart.

I think Nel will probably continue trying to poke holes and question the integrity of non-expert defense witness testimonies during his cross-examinations -- but, he'll want to get them off the stand quickly. Then, in closing arguments, he'll focus heavily on all the other on-the-spot lies that Pistorius has told in the past (and sometimes asked others to tell) in order to cover his ass when he crossed the line. IMO.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 05-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM