Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
People walk away from killing others without being convicted or serving any jail time in the US and South Africa frequently.

It's very difficult in states and countries where the prosecution has to disprove the defendant's claim that he was in fear for his life, rather than the burden falling on the defendant to prove his own proclaimed state of mind and actions. In many cases, the only person who could really disprove the defendant's claims beyond reasonable doubt is dead.

Anyway, I'm disappointed in the sentencing because I don't believe Oscar Pistorius' version of events. But, I'm relieved that Pistorius was at least handed the equivalent of a manslaughter conviction and didn't get off scot free.

Even if he truly did think it was an intruder in the toilet, Pistorius should serve several years behind bars for such gross negligence resulting in death, IMO -- hoping that the analysts' speculation that Pistorius will be out within 1 year is off-base.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 10-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM