Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
(08-19-2015, 07:36 PM)Duchess Wrote: I hate that he is given ANY special consideration.

I could easily do house arrest. Shiiiiit.

He'll be out of prison and on house arrest as of Tuesday. Smiley_emoticons_slash

Pistorius will be placed under correctional supervision (a form of house arrest) as of October 20.

In a statement, the Parole Board said it considered all submissions, including the offender's profile report, the directives of the Parole Review Board, and the submission of the victim's family, before making its decision.

Conditions placed upon Pistorius include continued psychotherapy and prohibitions in line with the Fire Arms Control Act Section 103.

In June the parents of Steenkamp said they've forgiven Pistorius for killing their "precious daughter," and in a written statement to the Parole Board added, "we do not seek to avenge her death and we do not want Mr. Pistorius to suffer; that will not bring her back to us."

But the bereaved parents added that, in their view, "incarceration of 10 months for taking a life is simply not enough."

Unlike the United States, in South Africa prosecutors can actually appeal an acquittal in a homicide, and so "it is very possible he could end up going back to prison for a minimum of 15 years," Diane Bass, a criminal defense attorney in Los Angeles, told CBS News.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oscar-pistor...on-parole/
-------------------------------

I don't have much faith that Pistorius will go back to prison for years on appeal. But, I won't be surprised if he violates his parole or assaults somebody else and ends up back in prison for a separate crime.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend - by HairOfTheDog - 10-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by Duchess - 12-03-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: Bouncy Man - by afraidforallofus - 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM