Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged
I'm sure the Fowlers wish it had gone differently for their son, Adub. I now believe that they really believe Isiah. I understand why and I wish them peace.

But, I think they're wrong. I think the judge got it right. If so, that's some form of justice for their daughter Leila and may keep the other Fowler children safe.

Judge Smith said he found Isiah guilty because Isiah's statements did not add up. I just did a little searching and refreshing; Isiah's story really doesn't add up.

Isiah waited a full minute and a half to tell the 911 dispatcher that Leila had been stabbed, after explaining to her that he rushed out of the bathroom when he heard Leila scream and saw a Mexican man with long gray hair fleeing Leila's room and out of the house.

In his later statement, he told police he then went to the kitchen and got a knife to protect Leila (after the man had fled). When he saw Leila bleeding on the floor in her room, he dropped the knife in and near her room. Then he picked up the knife and put it back in the kitchen, he said.

But, investigator's later found Leila's blood and DNA inside the knife handle and it had a bent tip -- just dropping the knife briefly wouldn't have caused that to happen.

When you add it all up, it seems likely beyond reasonable doubt (to me) that he stabbed his sister, cleaned up, and then made up an intruder story.

Isiah's lawyer said in one of the early hearings, "he might have lied about the intruder, but that doesn't mean he stabbed his sister" or something to that effect. I think it pretty much means he stabbed his sister - why else lie about an intruder (unless you're covering for someone else in the family)?

I think the defense went ahead with the "intruder did it" strategy at trial because they had nothing better to play (creating doubt around one of the other family members could have really backfired) and they knew if they admitted the intruder story was bogus, it pointed very strongly towards Isiah's guilt. The defense was fortunate that Isiah cleaned himself and the shower up well enough to put forth a viable defense.

That's what I think.

Very sad case, in any event. RIP Leila.

[Image: 578779_10200584378787303_1550414663_n_0....=all&w=780]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by californiakid - 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged - by HairOfTheDog - 10-06-2015, 08:50 PM