Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What do you guys think?
ST. GEORGE — An 11-year-old boy is recovering from serious injuries he sustained after being attacked by at least two Rottweilers.

A total two children and one adult — including the dogs' owner — were injured in the incident.

About 5:30 p.m. Monday, an 11-year-old boy was playing hide-and-seek with friends when he jumped into the fenced yard of a neighbor to hide, said St. George Police Sgt. Sam Despain.

"This young man, from what I understand, was just playing a game of hide-and-seek. And two of those Rottweilers began to attack and bite this young man."

There were a total of three Rottweilers in the yard. All of them were full grown. Despain said at least one of the dogs was especially large, weighing approximately 100 pounds.

The woman who lives at the house and owns the dogs heard the commotion in her backyard and ran out to try and pull the dogs off the boy.

"Those dogs then turned on the homeowner. She received some pretty significant bites to her arms," Despain said.

A third person, the homeowner's 10-year-old daughter, saw the other two being bitten and ran outside herself.

"In an attempt to help, (she) grabbed a kitchen knife and went out and actually ended up stabbing one of the dogs," Despain said.

The dog was not killed. All three were able to break free and called 911. All were taken to a local hospital. The young boy was the most seriously injured.

"Bites marks pretty much all over his body — his legs, arms, his side and his head — which did require him to go into surgery last night," he said.

The young girl was treated and released Monday for bite marks to her hands, Despain said.

Two of the dogs were taken by St. George Animal Control officers. Despain was unsure Monday what, if any, charges might be filed. He noted, however, that city ordinance only allowed for residents to own a maximum of two dogs.

He said the dogs were not part of any dog-fighting operation or running wild.

"The dogs were in an enclosed yard, it was fenced off. They weren't out running around the neighborhood."

I think the dogs are not at fault. I think it is tragic that a kid got hurt but he should of been taught to stay out of peoples yards. Kids have no respect these days. My daughter knows not to go into anybodys yards without permission. The dogs were just doing their job. Sucks for the kid though.

The kid trespassed onto private property. The dogs aren't at fault & neither is the homeowner.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-07-2013, 03:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:

The kid trespassed onto private property. The dogs aren't at fault & neither is the homeowner.

I couldn't of said it better myself. Maybe he will learn from this.
Here is the link:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25087255&nid=148...featured-1

courtesy of KSL.COM
I don't think the dogs or the homeowner are at fault, it was private property and the dogs were just being protective, but the fact that the dogs turned on the owner when she was trying to get them off the kid is not good. If you have guard dogs you should be able to control them without them attacking you.
(05-07-2013, 03:59 PM)sally Wrote: I don't think the dogs or the homeowner are at fault, it was private property and the dogs were just being protective, but the fact that the dogs turned on the owner when she was trying to get them off the kid is not good. If you have guard dogs you should be able to control them without them attacking you.

True that.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-07-2013, 03:59 PM)sally Wrote: I don't think the dogs or the homeowner are at fault, it was private property and the dogs were just being protective, but the fact that the dogs turned on the owner when she was trying to get them off the kid is not good. If you have guard dogs you should be able to control them without them attacking you.

I was thinking the same thing however when a dog is protecting its owner or its territory sometimes it doesn't click. Overall I agree with you. I have seen police dogs zone out when it comes to being told to stop. I can relate with fighting. When you are that pissed you kinda just zone out. With dogs like this, you need shock collars. Dont get me wrong, I agree the dogs should of not turned on the owner and should of stopped when told to.
Mike Jones Welcome!

Where is St.George?

Unfortunately this boy should never have gone on this property. Parents need to teach their children safety lessons, common sense and manners.

The dogs saw this boy as danger to their master that's what. I don't think the owner is going to get away with this terrible attack on this boy and then she is attacked yet, those dogs were in kill mode. They'll make sure they have rabies vaccine for sure if not, they'll be placed in quarantine.
She could be cited for harboring vicious dogs. Maybe even sued. It's hard saying nowadays.

I wish them all well! dog bites hurt.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(05-07-2013, 05:18 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Mike Jones Welcome!

Where is St.George?

Unfortunately this boy should never have gone on this property. Parents need to teach their children safety lessons, common sense and manners.

The dogs saw this boy as danger to their master that's what. I don't think the owner is going to get away with this terrible attack on this boy and then she is attacked yet, those dogs were in kill mode. They'll make sure they have rabies vaccine for sure if not, they'll be placed in quarantine.
She could be cited for harboring vicious dogs. Maybe even sued. It's hard saying nowadays.

I wish them all well! dog bites hurt.

Thank you! It in Utah.
The dog owner should not be sued but I bet she is. She always has the defense that the digs were fenced in their own yard and the bit came in uninvited. It's terrible but I blame the kid.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-07-2013, 06:41 PM)ramseycat Wrote: The dog owner should not be sued but I bet she is. She always has the defense that the digs were fenced in their own yard and the bit came in uninvited. It's terrible but I blame the kid.

Yep I believe you are right on. After all, it is Utah.

Property owners get sued all the time by trespassers. It's maddening.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-07-2013, 06:48 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Property owners get sued all the time by trespassers. It's maddening.

That shit pisses me off too. Hmm lets break in and steel shit, and get hurt so we can sue. AND FUCKING WIN TOO!!Bullshit
#Steal
(05-07-2013, 07:03 PM)ESAD Wrote: #Steal

Damn it, I should of proof read it.
If that happened in Kentucky the kid would have shot the dogs. No bites.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-07-2013, 03:38 PM)MIKE JONES Wrote: He noted, however, that city ordinance only allowed for residents to own a maximum of two dogs.

Yeah.

Solid law abiding citizens.

Sue the fuckers and let their insurance company settle out of court.

Unless the kid is black . . . or Mex . . . or Muslim.
(05-07-2013, 07:33 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 03:38 PM)MIKE JONES Wrote: He noted, however, that city ordinance only allowed for residents to own a maximum of two dogs.

Yeah.

Solid law abiding citizens.

Sue the fuckers and let their insurance company settle out of court.

Unless the kid is black . . . or Mex . . . or Muslim.

Don't forget beige and the rest of the off whites.
(05-07-2013, 07:34 PM)ESAD Wrote: Don't forget beige and the rest of the off whites.

I'm not completely without a heart.
Does that mean they do or don't make the list?