Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What qualities do you look for in a friend?
And what qualities automatically put someone out of consideration?

Do you value honesty? A good sense of humor? Similar interests? Do you have friends that you really don't have anything in common with but you just seem to click?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
ramseycat Wrote:And what qualities automatically put someone out of consideration?

Do you value honesty? A good sense of humor? Similar interests? Do you have friends that you really don't have anything in common with but you just seem to click?

Ok.......I feel a little sorry for you and will give you some attention since no one else seems to want to.

I have a best friend since grade school. We have absolutely nothing in common, and I made that remark to her the other day walking out her door. Somehow we have managed to click for over 35 years.

For the most part though, I don't tend to hang with a lot of women enless they are in our riding crowd. I have many more male friends than female.
It's really no big deal if people don't respond. But thanks for the crumbs. ::bigg::

I've found that most the time people just want someone to listen to them. Not so much they're seeking true advise, but instead a listening ear.

Gestures of kindness provide a trust with others. It is a small price to pay. What we get in return? Priceless. The rest is all vanity.
::thumbs::.........onbendedprick gets it.Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Honesty, respect, integrity, lack of drama, sense of humor, common interests such as movies or books that can lead to lively conversations.

What kind of people I avoid are drones that rattle on and on about one subject, usually their children, grandchildren and/or pets, needy people that take and take and never consider giving, whiners and other negative people, drama freaks and posers.
I write down every known characteristic of Ramseycat ... and then look for people who display the exact opposite characteristics.
I prize integrity above all else, my theory is that if one has that, then all else follows...If I can't trust you, you will never be my friend, it's that simple...
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Liquid Wrote:I write down every known characteristic of Ramseycat ... and then look for people who display the exact opposite characteristics.
You're a butthole.
I spelled, you are..your...yesterday and I preferred to have aspelling errorrather than an edit flag..What the hell does that say about me. ::blink::

Sorry for the verbal burp in your thread, Ramsey.............Carry on.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Duchess Wrote:I spelled, you are..your...yesterday and I preferred to have aspelling errorrather than an edit flag..What the hell does that say about me. ::blink::

That edit flag sucks. It just points out that you had an error and had to go back and fix it. ::irk::
Liquid Wrote:I write down every known characteristic of Ramseycat ... and then look for people who display the exact opposite characteristics.
I was going to post something similar but I figured it was given. You motivated me to chime in.

I need someone who has intellectual integrity and doesn't bore me.
86 112
ramseycat Wrote:That edit flag sucks. It just points out that you had an error and had to go back and fix it. ::irk::
The 'edit' (flag/tag/whatever) doesn't bother me at all. It means 'hey, I made a typo, noticed it, went back and fixed it'. Which is better than 'I made a mistake and I don't realize that it needs to be fixed because I don't know any better'.

(no offense, Duch... we know that you do realize your mistakes) Smiley_emoticons_wink
Middle Finger Wrote:I need someone who has intellectual integrity and doesn't bore me.

I think you forgot to add - "And can cook a mean Pasta fazool"
Duchess Wrote:I spelled, you are..your...yesterday and I preferred to have aspelling errorrather than an edit flag..What the hell does that say about me. ::blink::

I don't like to edit. I'd rather make a new post saying 'yeah I realize I messed up,,,whatever' lol
Liquid Wrote:
Middle Finger Wrote:I need someone who has intellectual integrity and doesn't bore me.

I think you forgot to add - "And can cook a mean Pasta fazool"

Very true!! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
86 112
pasta e fagioli no fazool.
The Antagonist Wrote:pasta e fagioli no fazool.
here we go again. we had this exact same discussion about this exact same word before in another thread. it is correct both ways - and literally 10 million other recipe sites list it both ways (like the one example I just listed).

My X wife was 100% Italian. Her entire family was 100% Italian. Her grandparents or someone old was right "off the boat" and into the NYC area. they spelled it fazool.

both ways are correct.
Not one Italian dictionary spells it that way.

Fagioli is Italian for beans. there are no such things as FAZOOLS.

The soup is pasta and beans.

Fazool is a lazy American slang spelling - phonetic spelling if you will.
It takes months for me to even consider a person a friend. Until I know what they are really about, I can't call them a friend.

First impressions are important to me; does this person shake my hand with a GOOD handshake, not some limp-wristed dead fish shake? Do they look me in the eye if they do shake my hand? While they are talking to me, do they fidget and keep their eyes averted? Eye contact is a very important trait that I consider before calling someone a friend. That, and time. Honesty andreliability are two more important things to me.

I can smell bullshit and posers in the next fucking state. If you're a bullshitter or a poser, you'll never have a chance to be my friend.