Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suspension won’t be removed for five-year-old grilled over cap gun who then peed his
This BS is getting out of hand. Question a 5 year old child for over 2 hours and scare them to the point of pissing their pants over a fucking capgun?? Then suspend the child for 10 days and say that if there had ben caps in the toy it would have ben much worse because they would have called the cops.

http://news.yahoo.com/suspension-won-t-r...21308.html

School officials in Calvert County, Maryland have denied a request to expunge the suspension of the kindergartener who brought a plastic cap gun on a school bus last month and then wet his pants during a subsequent interrogation.

The refusal came in the form of a letter dated Friday, reports The Washington Post. The letter stated that the five-year-old “did bring a cap gun in his book bag.” It also charged that some other children were frightened and told school officials that they couldn’t discern if the orange-tipped cowboy-style gun was real or fake.

The unidentified kindergartener had brought the toy gun in his backpack because his friend had brought a water gun the previous day. He later told his mother that he “really, really” wanted his friend to see it.

School officials at Dowell Elementary School in the town of Lusby proceeded to question the five-year-old for over two hours before finally calling his mother at 10:50 a.m. By that time, he had wet his pants (which the mother called highly unusual).
It's ridiculous. My daughter got in to trouble for bringing a neon green, plastic gun to school last year. Granted, she should have been old enough to know better but still...

One of my friend's kids was suspended in 2nd or 3rd grade for using the term "homo". He barely knew what it meant at the time.
Commando Cunt Queen
It is ridiculous, everyone has their priorities in the wrong place and common sense just flies straight out the window.

My son took the blades out of a handheld pencil sharpener when he was in 4th grade, the blade was about the size of my pinky nail and one of the mothers eating lunch with her kid in the cafeteria saw my son and his friend playing swords with them and freaked out. You'd think he brought a goddamn bomb to school, I had to go in and have a stupid meeting with the principal, vice principal, guidance counselor and an array of other asshats just to keep him from being expelled.
I understand sitting the child down and talking to them about breaking the rules, but to scare a 5 year old child, for over two hours and to the point that he pisses himself. That is way overboard. I think some school officials need to be suspended or fired over this.
If they really interrogated the poor kid for two hours until he pissed his pants, they all need to be fired. Fucking freaks.
Cracking down hard on 5 year olds playing with cap guns and water pistols isn't going to prevent gun violence.
(06-17-2013, 08:55 PM)sally Wrote: If they really interrogated the poor kid for two hours until he pissed his pants, they all need to be fired. Fucking freaks.

These folks have lost their minds.

I know this epidemic of overreaction is nationwide, but Maryland seems to have really gone over the edge.

Snipped from the OP article:

Last week, Anne Arundel County school district officials denied an eerily similar appeal to have Baltimore-area second-grader Joshua Welch’s suspension expunged. Welch is the eight-year-old kid who was suspended for two days in March because his teacher thought he shaped a breakfast pastry into something resembling a gun. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Earlier this year, a six-year-old boy at Roscoe R. Nix Elementary School in Silver Spring, Maryland was suspended for making the universal kid sign for a gun, pointing at another student and saying “pow.” That boy’s suspension was later lifted and his name cleared.

Pretty sad when a law mandating common sense and logic seems to be required. Too bad this such bill failed.

A Maryland state senator introduced a bill designed to curb the zeal of public school officials who are tempted to suspend students in these cases. ”The Reasonable School Discipline Act of 2013,” which was authored by Republican Sen. J. B. Jennings, apparently went nowhere in the legislature.
Yet they arrest a guy that found (4) 10-12 yr olds putting holes in walls and wrecking his Father-in-laws house he was fixing up in a closet till the police arrived. Yet the school gets away with this?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-17-2013, 09:20 PM)Maggot Wrote: Yet they arrest a guy that found (4) 10-12 yr olds putting holes in walls and wrecking his Father-in-laws house he was fixing up in a closet till the police arrived. Yet the school gets away with this?

He put them in a closet? Hey, as long as they could breathe freely and they weren't hurt, it's pretty funny. If they continue to vandalize property, being holed up in a small place with other delinquents for a short time is just a warm up for times ahead.

Still kinda shaking my head over the breakfast pastry suspension. Unbelievable.

What the fuck is wrong with people. They scared a little person so badly he peed his pants. Straight up, I'd be one of those crazy parents we sometimes read about. I'd be so goddamn mad, I'd want to pound the snot out of all those fuckers. Yeah, I'd probably be stupid mad.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I took all sorts of things to school.
(06-18-2013, 06:34 AM)Eat Shit And Die Wrote: I took all sorts of things to school.

Yeah other peoples property most likely.

On the wider issue my daughter and her friends play with those big super soaker guns in the summer and nobody bats a fucking eyelid.

A cap gun is a toy nothing more. I used to play with toy guns all the time when I was a kid its what boys used to do before videogames came along.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Stupid mad lol
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies