Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NIK TAKES A WALK

This is crazy wild & there will be a ten second delay. He won't be tethered and there is no safety net. It's expected to take thirty minutes. Woooo.

Nik Wallenda, the Florida-based daredevil, acrobat and heir to the famed Flying Wallendas circus family, is afraid of only one thing. "I would say the only thing I fear is God," said the 34-year-old Wallenda.

He certainly had no fear of walking across Niagara Falls on a tightrope, riding a bike on a high wire 260 feet above the ground or hanging from a hovering helicopter by his teeth.

On Sunday, Wallenda will attempt an even more ambitious feat, even for a man who was born into a family of risk-takers.

He will bid to walk on a tightrope stretched across the Little Colorado River Gorge near the Grand Canyon. The event, which will be broadcast on live television at 8 p.m. EDT on Sunday with a 10 second delay, will take place on the Navajo reservation near Cameron, outside the boundaries of Grand Canyon National Park.

Wallenda will walk a third of a mile across a wire suspended 1,500 feet above the river. (In comparison, the Empire State Building in New York City is 1,454 feet high).

Story

[Image: wallenda-main-pic_2595734c.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
What an idiot. Is your life so worthless that you need to take chances like that?
Commando Cunt Queen
But can he recite the alphabet backwards? And touch his nose?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Is 10 seconds enough to hit the river? hah

Crazy MF'er! He's got a wife & 3 small kids for FFS. Hope he has lots of life insurance, that will pay off even for a stupid stunt like this!

That being said, hope he makes it!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I take my hat off to crazy motherfuckers like this bloke.

You've got to admit he's got a nutsack the size of a watermelon.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(06-22-2013, 03:42 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I take my hat off to crazy motherfuckers like this bloke.

You've got to admit he's got a nutsack the size of a watermelon.

And a brain the size of a walnut. Two of his family members were killed and one paralyzed doing some stunt. Get over it already. He's doing shit that's really dumb for fame. It's not worth it.
Commando Cunt Queen

I doubt I'll be tuning in to check it out. I kinda feel like I did when that guy parachuted to earth from outer space.
(06-22-2013, 04:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I doubt I'll be tuning in to check it out. I kinda feel like I did when that guy parachuted to earth from outer space.

There's something slightly morbid about watching a live show where you might see someone plummet to their death.
Commando Cunt Queen
(06-22-2013, 05:07 PM)username Wrote:
(06-22-2013, 04:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

There's something slightly morbid about watching a live show where you might see someone plummet to their death.

You don't have to watch it live, if he falls, you can watch it on the 10:00 oclck news. hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(06-22-2013, 08:29 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(06-22-2013, 05:07 PM)username Wrote: There's something slightly morbid about watching a live show where you might see someone plummet to their death.

You don't have to watch it live, if he falls, you can watch it on the 10:00 oclck news. hah

Smiley_emoticons_wink That's a fact, or maybe the 5:00 o'clock news.

And at the top of the hour...

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who
Comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam
In her eye
It's interesting when people die-
Give us dirty laundry.
(06-22-2013, 04:51 PM)username Wrote: And a brain the size of a walnut. Two of his family members were killed and one paralyzed doing some stunt. Get over it already. He's doing shit that's really dumb for fame. It's not worth it.

He's a daredevil, its his job, lighten up for fucks sake. Whenever Evel Knievel did a stunt were you sitting in the corner tutting and shaking your head misery guts?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

I think what we view as a death wish he may view as something to conquer.
I read about him back when he did the Niagra Falls stunt.

He's 7th generation circus performers and dare devils. It's his career and a family tradition. I get that.

His wife and children are part of that tradition and lifestyle; they probably get it too. He's got a $20 million life insurance policy (for which he undoubtedly pays a fortune in annual premiums); they'll get that too if he loses his footing and therefore his life.

Nik is born-again Christian and says that God is the most important thing in his life, so he relies on practice and prayer to live to the next stunt.

I'm not interested enough to watch, but wish him luck.
(06-23-2013, 11:12 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: (for which he undoubtedly pays a fortune in annual premiums)

Oh for sure. A million dollar policy is $24,000.00 a year.
It sure as hell beats watching David Blaine sit in a transparent box for a month.
(06-23-2013, 07:45 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(06-22-2013, 04:51 PM)username Wrote: And a brain the size of a walnut. Two of his family members were killed and one paralyzed doing some stunt. Get over it already. He's doing shit that's really dumb for fame. It's not worth it.

He's a daredevil, its his job, lighten up for fucks sake.

Job title: Head Moron
Commando Cunt Queen

He did it successfully. A quarter mile & 22 minutes later his wife and 2 young sons greeted him when he stepped off the wire.

[Image: article-2347126-1A79958E000005DC-802_634x715.jpg]

[Image: article-2347126-1A799283000005DC-153_634x884.jpg]

[Image: article-2347126-1A79B6AA000005DC-750_634x423.jpg]

[Image: article-2347126-1A79C6FE000005DC-683_634x434.jpg]
Saw him on the news this morning he fucking jogged across that wire over the last few yards!

User will probably be secretly disappointed that he didn't fall off so she could say I told you so.
(06-24-2013, 07:40 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: User will probably be secretly disappointed that he didn't fall off so she could say I told you so.

Wasnme
Commando Cunt Queen
Never mind, maybe next time you will get lucky and he will go plunging to his death.