Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PANINI

I got a panini maker/grill/whatever the hell it's called quite awhile ago & I just bought sourdough bread. Now what? hah

It's just a sandwich maker, right? Use anything I would normally use for sandwiches or do I get something special?

Have you ever had a panini?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Use anything you would normally use. Paninis are good!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
The possibilities are endless. I've had them before, but I don't have a Panini maker at home. Thinly sliced ham with fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, avocado, red onions and drizzled with olive oil fresh cracked pepper sounds good to me.
Tuna salad with arugula, cheese and red onion also sounds good to me.
(07-27-2013, 12:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I got a panini maker/grill/whatever the hell it's called quite awhile ago & I just bought sourdough bread. Now what?

Make me a sammich!

Please use an "exotic" cheese.

And a flavorful aioli.

Thanks in advance.
Just don't use the raw cheese with maggots in it from Italy. Even Andrew Zimmern had a hard time with that one.
Sandwich grills are awesome in the winter. Crispy bacon, avocado, semi dried tomatoes, thin sliced shallots (scallions over there I think), jarlsburg or Swiss and a dollop of sweet chilli sauce on a Turkish roll. Yummo!
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

I got a panini maker/grill/whatever the hell it's called quite awhile ago & I just bought sourdough bread. Now what? hah

It's just a sandwich maker, right? Use anything I would normally use for sandwiches or do I get something special?

Good girl...now, make me a proper sammich.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(07-28-2013, 06:56 AM)crash Wrote: thin sliced shallots (scallions over there I think),

Shallots and scallions are two different things here. Shallots are like a cross between an onion and garlic and scallions are long green onions. Either way both are good.
(07-27-2013, 08:10 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: aioli.

Ha! You have high hopes. I had to google that. ^^^^^
(07-28-2013, 09:39 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Good girl...now, make me a proper sammich.

I just made you one for Christmas. You'll have to wait for your birthday.

"Panini" is just a fancy name for the old "grilled on both sides" pressed down sandwich made in a conventional frying pan. hah
Like the old grilled Ham & Cheese on rye, white, sourdough, or what ever breads, or other stuffings you want in it.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Yep, you don't even need a panini maker. You can just press them down in a pan or on a griddle with a brick wrapped in foil.
(07-28-2013, 09:45 AM)sally Wrote:
(07-28-2013, 06:56 AM)crash Wrote: thin sliced shallots (scallions over there I think),

Shallots and scallions are two different things here. Shallots are like a cross between an onion and garlic and scallions are long green onions. Either way both are good.

Yeah. The long green onion. That's what they call a shallot here.

The pinky/purple onion cross garlic thing they call an eschallot...go figure
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Jeff aka Crash, your avatar gives me the creeps.

I love kitchen gadgets. I have the Griddler and can make paninis with that. I can't wait to move. The house we just put an offer on has a huge kitchen. Plenty of room for all my toys!

Shit. You edited. I make pain too! hah
(07-28-2013, 05:15 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Jeff aka Crash, your avatar gives me the creeps.

That's great, Lori, I'll keep it just for Veronsycat repellent.
(07-28-2013, 05:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Shit. You edited. I make pain too! hah

Yea I caught it in time. hah
(07-28-2013, 05:15 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Jeff aka Crash, your avatar gives me the creeps.

It's the same avatar he's had for the past five years, dingbat. Has it been giving you the creeps all along or just now?
It has always given me the creeps. I just never said anything until now Biotch.