Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Knitting group told to “get knotted”
A knitting group said it was no longer allowed to meet at a local library because its knitting needles are “too dangerous” and its members are “too noisy”.

The Knit and Natter group met at the library in Cramlington, Northumberland once a week to knit replica anatomical parts for training NHS midwives. (Woolen pussies!? A woolen cervix?!).

But now the library has moved and the knitters said Northumberland County Council had barred them for safety reasons.

The council said there was no longer enough room for the large group.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
And you posted this why?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I can only imagine the cackling.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-16-2013, 02:20 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: A knitting group said it was no longer allowed to meet at a local library because its knitting needles are “too dangerous” and its members are “too noisy”.

The Knit and Natter group met at the library in Cramlington, Northumberland once a week to knit replica anatomical parts for training NHS midwives. (Woolen pussies!? A woolen cervix?!).

But now the library has moved and the knitters said Northumberland County Council had barred them for safety reasons.

The council said there was no longer enough room for the large group.

Aww no woolen penis hah
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
The Nanny state strikes again
(08-16-2013, 02:23 PM)ramseycat Wrote: And you posted this why?

hah
Is this even a true story? Sounds like someone's spinning a yarn.

Don't string us along and make us needle you, CN.

Is there a point?
(08-16-2013, 02:23 PM)ramseycat Wrote: And you posted this why?

Number of threads created by cinnamon nutmeg to help create activity, discussion and debate on the forum since his return from his hiatus? 50+

Number of threads created by Ramsey retard since my return? 7.

So in conclusion ladies and gentlemen?

STFU ramsey.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
It's a shame that the educational anatomical project has been stymied by what I suspect is blatant profiling!

Sure, knitting circles are notorious fronts for geriatric gangs of dangerous noisy rebels, but some circles are legit and shouldn't suffer due to stereotyping. IMO.

I mean, where's the proof that the Knitter Natters were 86d because they were engaged in boisterous shenanigans. Where?!

And, how are health care students and volunteers supposed to learn about anatomy without knitted visual aids (I mean, besides photos, books, anatomically correct plastic models, surgical observation....).

Anyway, rams, here are some pictures to help you understand the academic and societal significance of this story.

This is what ramsey's gall bladder used to look like before it got yanked :
[Image: gallbladder.jpg?w=510]
(the same knitted model could probably double as an oversized sperm - efficient!)

This is a woolen replica of ramsey's womb:
[Image: womb.jpg?w=510]

This knitted replication shows the danger of the "pull out' form of birth control when ejaculation is uncontrolled. (Who knows how many unwanted pregnancies have been prevented by this life-like model?)
[Image: proj5.jpg]

And, for women who wonder what it would be like to trade in their tired old vaginas for a penis and testicles, anatomically-correct knitted boxers can simulate the experience without the expense and permanence of an addadichtomy.
[Image: 4f69f1290e4aa.jpg][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyewz2dfBrrRDX06Suz85...AbrJ_27jFQ]

In short, the OP story matters on a lot of levels. So, STFU, ramsey! Smiley_emoticons_wink
I stand corrected.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Oh man. They even attached hair to the kitty. Hahaha!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Knitted anatomical human organs have just rocked my world since my original post.

I've ordered a knitted cirrhotic liver so I know what mine looks like.
I suppose it could be annoying trying to read War and Peace while a bunch of loudmouths are sitting next to you knitting snatches and peters.