Bought a pack of cigs today.
Fucking things are like 6.00 now. Opening a new sheet metal shop in Maine finally got to me and I calmly said "going to the bank".
I drove to the lake and whipped out that pack and looked out across the water and lit one up. I was exhilarating sitting there looking out and slowly started to inhale the fucking thing and saw God.
He walked across the lake and came to my door and
squirteth me with water.
I tossed the stinky thing out the window.
His dog was fluffy today.
The entire pack got flung like a skipper rock at the trash can.
I missed.
Its been 2.5 years now since I puffed a cig, why fuckup all that work? Smiley_emoticons_smile
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Dontcha feel all righteous and stuff now. Good job, buddy.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
They do stink and I am not an anti smoking idiot yet. I remember when I quit and was going nuts trying to figure out what to do with my hands and started messing around with wood burning. I still love the smell of burning apple wood and birch. It's sad up here in the northern hemisphere but yes fall is here even though it will be like 95 here tomorrow. It will be leaf burning time soon.
Good goin, stay strong.
Trying to get a couple folks I work with to quit, nasty habit to break
(09-10-2013, 09:29 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Good goin, stay strong.
Trying to get a couple folks I work with to quit, nasty habit to break

When I quit I just threw out all the ashtrays but I remember not having something to do all the time. I started reading more books all kinds of shit. Now I'm just normal but see other people get all nutty about not having a cig every hr or something. That's kinda weird but I sometimes get pissed because they get to goof off and smoke.
People that don't should be able to go play horseshoes or something and whack golfballs, anything that doesn't require smoking. Its perception on my part. I can see the conflict.
I have smoked for over 50 yrs. Open heart surgery in my 50's, COPD and PAD had not slowed me down. The day before Memorial Day, my daughter the only one in this large family who doesn't smoke, bought me an E cig. I haven't had a real cigarette since. The hand to mouth thing is a big part of my smoking. No more yellow-brown windows here.
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
The "break" is a big part of my smoking. What am I supposed to do after I just did an hour of paperwork, sit outside and chew gum. That's not the same as going outside to smoke a cigarette. So the times I have quit I never take a break from anything, I just keep doing stuff. Sure do get things done faster that way, though.
Ciggs are about $10 a pack here. I never really smoked all that much. I could quit at any time. I totally quit the day my father was diagnosed with lung cancer. I didn't have another cig until about 7 years ago and I was out with the girls. I bummed one from a friend and it was nasty. I have NO desire to smoke ever again.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
It's amazing how smoking has done a 180.

40-50 years ago, you smoked because it was cool.

Now, in our state at least, and I'm guessing pretty much everywhere, a person that smokes is looked down upon.

I used to smoke. Dirty, nasty and dangerous habit.

However, smokers in my state are paying for our new Vikings stadium, so we need a million or so to keep smoking a pack a day.
(09-11-2013, 10:24 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: 40-50 years ago, you smoked because it was cool.

Now, in our state at least, and I'm guessing pretty much everywhere, a person that smokes is looked down upon.

That's what I thought too, but when I pick up my son from high school I see a ton of kids lighting up cigarettes as they walk out of the parking lot. Some of them even smoke electronic cigarettes. So apparently it's still cool.

I saw one of my mom's friend's son walking out of school smoking a cigarette the other day. He's small for his age and looks about 12, he looked absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah, you're probably right Sally.

I'm sure my oldest has smoked his share of cigs.

I just hope he (or my other two) don't become addicted.
Good for you, Maggot. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I tried regular e-cigs and wasn't terribly impressed. You use a little canister and they don't generate much smoke/vapor at all.

The trend these days (and a lot of kids are doing it) is vaping:

[Image: 7097921_orig.png]

I've bought two vaping kits so far and I'm getting a third tomorrow. The first one worked okay but then I bought another one that was supposed to be better. I've had nothing but problems with it. The liquid leaks or the damn thing doesn't work at all.

The one that I'm waiting for now is the Vapor Zeus Dual mode. It got good reviews online and supposedly puts out a ton of vapor and doesn't freaking leak.

[Image: Vapor-Zeus-Dual-Mode-Starter-Kit-Feature-290x150.png]

I don't smoke pot (only because I don't have any) but apparently a lot of people use vaporizers to "discreetly" get stoned. I don't know much about it (although I think you can stuff some of them with weed instead of oil) but here's one article I pulled off the web on the subject.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2...Vaporizing
Commando Cunt Queen
Do you think those vaporizers and e-cigs are safer than real cigarettes? Every time I've tried the e-cig the next day I get weird pains in my throat. Damn thing will probably end up giving me throat cancer faster than regular cigarettes.
(09-11-2013, 01:01 PM)sally Wrote: Do you think those vaporizers and e-cigs are safer than real cigarettes? Every time I've tried the e-cig the next day I get weird pains in my throat. Damn thing will probably end up giving me throat cancer faster than regular cigarettes.

The jury is still out. Claims that they are completely harmless are being questioned. Some scientists say that do cause air restriction in the lungs etc. etc. Plus, if you're an idiot, I guess you can have one blow up in your face although I'm pretty sure that's rare. Still, I choose to believe this one statement I found:

The medical profession and scientists generally agree that e-cigarettes, if they do pose any dangers to health, are much less harmful than tobacco smoking.
Commando Cunt Queen

If tobacco were discovered today I doubt it would be approved by the FDA or whoever makes those decisions.

My Mom once told me that back in the day cigarette smoking was made to look glamorous. Cigarettes were promoted & marketed in such a way as to make it look like the cool thing to do and if you smoked you were sophisticated. Crazy, huh.
(09-11-2013, 02:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

If tobacco were discovered today I doubt it would be approved by the FDA or whoever makes those decisions.

My Mom once told me that back in the day cigarette smoking was made to look glamorous. Cigarettes were promoted & marketed in such a way as to make it look like the cool thing to do and if you smoked you were sophisticated. Crazy, huh.

That doesn't surprise me at all. How old are you, 20? I remember when cigarettes were advertised as cool. Who could forget the Marlboro man?

These surprised me though:

[Image: 81c9a1cc5fdbca4d93053eefd6633d43.jpg]

I never knew they were marketed as a means of weight loss or substitute for food:

[Image: 6a00e554e81be388340120a5b73c91970c-500wi]
Commando Cunt Queen
(09-11-2013, 04:48 PM)username Wrote: How old are you, 20?

Hahahaha! I actually snorted.

I never paid attention to that kind of thing. I'm not familiar with cigarette ads/commercials.

Even Santa was pushin' cigarettes. They know no shame.

[Image: crazy-old-cigarette-ads.jpg]
"No throat irritation, no cough"

I'm sure most rational people would consider throat and lung cancer as pretty fucking big irritations..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

I probably would have paid attention to this -

[Image: marlboro-cigarettes-marlboro-man-2-small-98256.jpg]