Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PARENTAL CONSENT

At the beginning of the school year kids in one school district bought home a packet, in it was a consent form for parents to sign giving the school permission to use corporal punishment on their child. If the form wasn't returned the school took that as a "yes".

[Image: o-PERMISSION-570.jpg?5]

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Wow. If anyone is going to hit my child it's going to be me.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
You know, back in the stone ages when I was in school, it was nothing unusual for a kid, including me, to get "Licks" For being an asshole. Now mind you we did not have drugs, gangs, teacher pedophiles, teachers and students getting raped, any of that at least where I was. Now days no school that I know of is allowed to use "Corporal Punishment". It didn't kill us, it didn't mark us or cause any emotional scars. What it did do was to teach us at least a modicum of respect for our elders and those in an authority position, not in my mind a bad thing. It didn't stop us from being assholes, but it kept us normal kids mostly in line and kept the most egregious ones more or less on a leash.
Now, no corporal punishment, kids are sent home with a note, mom and dad apparently accept responsibility for disciplining their little snowflake by taking away their Nintendo for a couple hours, which is to say nothing at all. The kids don't learn shit.
I think kids should earn stripes for their deeds, on the sleeve for good ones and on their ass for bas ones.
Huh. According to the article, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment in school.

I remember at least one of my teachers in elementary school had a paddle hanging on the wall. I also seem to recall some kids getting smacked on the hand with a ruler. I don't recall ever receiving that type of punishment from a teacher. I was an angel. Then again, my dad would have kicked my ass at home if I'd been a trouble maker in school so maybe that had something to do with it. Smiley_emoticons_slash

You know what I find ironic? I imagine, in many of those same states, if you smack your child at home often enough, and somebody decides to report you, you're likely to get a visit from CPS. And the kids fucking KNOW it. I've talked with more than one parent (and experienced it myself) where a kid has said "I'm gonna call CPS on you....wahhhhh". They (meaning the kids) do that shit nowadays! And it really can cause a CPS visit. It's nucking futs. Heaven forbid your child has any bruises (whether or not you caused them), these brats (and I'm including my daughter when she was younger in that category) have learned somewhere that they can at least cause their parents some serious headaches over a spanking.

I was talking with a divorced mother the other day and she says her daughter is completely and totally out.of.control. The daughter is 10, she's violent, she throws things, name calls etc. Any time the mother touches her daughter, the kid threatens to call CPS. Plus this poor woman has an ex husband that is teamed up with the kid against the mom; he'd hand his daughter the phone given the opportunity.

I dunno. If I can't spank my kid at home without possible repercussions, I don't know why it's okay for the schools to do it.

Crazy.
Commando Cunt Queen

The nuns would paddle an ass in a heartbeat. I remember a few of us having to remain in the classroom during recess once and we dared M to do the happy dance on top of her desk, she did and a nun caught her in the middle of it. M got spanked in the cloak room. I recall that scaring the crap out of me.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
If my kid ever dared threaten me with child protective I'd hand him the phone and remind him that eventually they'd give him back to me and then he'd really find out what corporal punishment was. Once he tried to sass me when I brought him back to his mom's and his buddies were there, and I told him I'd give him one upside the head and then offer another one to anybody who opened their trap to bitch about it.
(09-22-2013, 07:03 PM)username Wrote: Huh. According to the article, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment in school.

I remember at least one of my teachers in elementary school had a paddle hanging on the wall. I also seem to recall some kids getting smacked on the hand with a ruler. I don't recall ever receiving that type of punishment from a teacher. I was an angel. Then again, my dad would have kicked my ass at home if I'd been a trouble maker in school so maybe that had something to do with it. Smiley_emoticons_slash

You know what I find ironic? I imagine, in many of those same states, if you smack your child at home often enough, and somebody decides to report you, you're likely to get a visit from CPS. And the kids fucking KNOW it. I've talked with more than one parent (and experienced it myself) where a kid has said "I'm gonna call CPS on you....wahhhhh". They (meaning the kids) do that shit nowadays! And it really can cause a CPS visit. It's nucking futs. Heaven forbid your child has any bruises (whether or not you caused them), these brats (and I'm including my daughter when she was younger in that category) have learned somewhere that they can at least cause their parents some serious headaches over a spanking.

I was talking with a divorced mother the other day and she says her daughter is completely and totally out.of.control. The daughter is 10, she's violent, she throws things, name calls etc. Any time the mother touches her daughter, the kid threatens to call CPS. Plus this poor woman has an ex husband that is teamed up with the kid against the mom; he'd hand his daughter the phone given the opportunity.

I dunno. If I can't spank my kid at home without possible repercussions, I don't know why it's okay for the schools to do it.

Crazy.

Ya know what? Tell your friend to let her daughter make the call. Fine ya little shit. You can make the call and either go live with your father or foster care. Or you can knock the shit off and live here. Your choice. Fuck. That. Shit. She is letting the kid run the show. Let the kid know that calling CPS is no threat to the mom. The kid thinks she has it do bad. How would she like foster care?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(09-21-2013, 07:52 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: You know, back in the stone ages when I was in school, it was nothing unusual for a kid, including me, to get "Licks" For being an asshole. Now mind you we did not have drugs, gangs, teacher pedophiles, teachers and students getting raped, any of that at least where I was. Now days no school that I know of is allowed to use "Corporal Punishment". It didn't kill us, it didn't mark us or cause any emotional scars. What it did do was to teach us at least a modicum of respect for our elders and those in an authority position, not in my mind a bad thing. It didn't stop us from being assholes, but it kept us normal kids mostly in line and kept the most egregious ones more or less on a leash.
Now, no corporal punishment, kids are sent home with a note, mom and dad apparently accept responsibility for disciplining their little snowflake by taking away their Nintendo for a couple hours, which is to say nothing at all. The kids don't learn shit.

I think kids should earn stripes for their deeds, on the sleeve for good ones and on their ass for bas ones.

^^^what he said^^^
The one and only time my kid called me a fuckin bitch was right before school one morning. Needless to say, he went to school with a bright red handprint across his face and of course I got the fully expected call from the school counselor. He had to call CPS and report it, but since it was only a red mark and not a bruise, all was right with the world.

Fuck CPS...go after the parents who are beating the shit out of their kids.
(09-22-2013, 09:42 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Needless to say, he went to school with a bright red handprint across his face and of course I got the fully expected call from the school counselor. He had to call CPS and report it, but since it was only a red mark and not a bruise, all was right with the world.

See? A fucking bruise (and again, the kid could just claim you inflicted the bruise...true or not).

Here's a little bit of info on the CPS process in California. As I understand it, it's not necessarily a quick visit and "case dismissed". I've read that CPS workers tend to typically find parents guilty until proven innocent. Further, if they decide to launch an investigation, they may want to interview family members, friends, teachers etc. Who wants their friends/acquaintances getting phone calls saying "hi, we'd like to talk with you about username and find out if you think she might be beating the shit out of her kid"? Awkward. Plus, you can face criminal charges. Wouldn't it be nice to pay attorney's fees for that?

You don't just send your kid off to foster care, as far as I know. You get to go through this wonderful process where you're made out to be the devil incarnate, you might have to participate in certain parenting/anger management programs (for a year) while the child is in the house (see below) and if all that fails, or the case is so severe,then they might take the kid out of the house and put them into foster care in which case you STILL have to participate in outside programs.

I think the government has gotten wayyyyyy too involved in parenting.

The CPS is the major system of intervention of child abuse and neglect in California. Existing law provides for services to abused and neglected children and their families. The CPS goal is to keep the child in his/her own home when it is safe, and when the child is at risk, to develop an alternate plan as quickly as possible.

When a referral is received, the social service staff obtains facts from the person making the referral to determine if the referral alleges abuse, neglect, or exploitation. The Emergency Response staff determines if an in-person response is indicated. Whenever an report indicates the need for protection, CPS will:

Accept the case
Intervene in the crisis, if required
Apply Family Perservation and Support Services for some families
Assess or identify problems, gather facts and clarify the problems
Plan and provide services, set goals, identify resources and timeframes
Document the case
Terminate the case or transfer it to another program
Approximately 12 months of services are provided to children who remain safely in the home while the family receives services. If it is determined that a child cannot remain in the home, even with family preservation and support services, then foster placement is arranged in the most family-like setting, that is located close to the parent's home, consistent with the best interests of the child.

Up to 18 months of services are provided to children and their families when a child has been removed from the home and the family is making progress toward reunification. When a child cannot be returned to a safe home after services have been delivered, the child must be provided with a family-like living arrangement as soon as possible.

FOR WHOM
These services are available to children and their families when children are victims of, or at risk of, abuse, neglect, exploitation, or parental absence.

California law defines child abuse as any of the following:

A child is physically injured by other than accidental means.
A child is subjected to willful cruelty or unjustifiable punishment.
A child is abused or exploited sexually.
A child is neglected by a parent or caretaker who fails to provide adequate food, clothing, shelter, medical care or supervision.

I love that one..."a child is physically injured by other than accidental means". Pfft.
Commando Cunt Queen