Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GRAPHIC PHOTO: AIRPORT KILLING - LAX
Another mass shooting, this time at Los Angeles International Airport, LAX, in California.

[Image: Paul-Ciancia_244x183.jpg]
Paul Ciancia, 23, alleged murderer

On Friday, Ciancia - a recent graduate of motorcycle mechanics school in Florida, strode into Terminal 3, pulled a Smith & Wesson .223-caliber assault rifle from his duffel bag and fired repeatedly at point-blank range at a TSA officer.

[Image: n-GERARDO-HERNANDEZ-large.jpg?6]
Murder victim, Gerardo I. Hernandez, 39 ^, is the first TSA official in the agency's 12-year history to be killed in the line of duty. RIP.

The officer was checking IDs and boarding passes at the base of an escalator leading to the main screening area.

Friends remembered him as a doting father and a good neighbor who went door-to-door warning neighbors to be careful after his home was burglarized. In brief remarks outside the couple's house, his widow, Ana Hernandez, said Saturday that her husband came to the U.S. from El Salvador at age 15. "He took pride in his duty for the American public and for the TSA mission," she said.

Ciancia also shot at two other TSA agents and a passenger - all were wounded - before he was stopped by Airport Police.

[Image: shoot-pic-3.jpg]
Ciancia was hit four times and fell to the ground ^. He remained hospitalized Saturday, but there was no word on his condition. He was shot in the mouth and the leg, authorities said.

Ciancia's duffel bag contained a note stating his intention to kill Transportation Security Administration agents and "instill fear into their traitorous minds", but authorities have uncovered no criminal record or previous connections to the TSA. It also mentioned "fiat currency" and "NWO," possible references to the New World Order, a conspiracy theory that foresees a totalitarian one-world government.

As part of their investigation, authorities are working to determine who drove Ciancia to the airport on Friday. The topic of security gaps since 911 is reportedly being explored as well.

Sources:
http://nypost.com/2013/11/02/warning-gra...sa-killer/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/02...06274.html
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-1103-...2915.story
AG Holder weighs in

[Image: 131105175642-holder-lone-wolf-terror-att...ry-top.jpg]

Snip:

Attorney General Eric Holder is most afraid of a terrorist attack on the United States from a so-called "lone wolf," such as the attackers involved in the Washington Navy Yard and Los Angeles International Airport shootings.

"I'm very concerned about individuals who get radicalized in a variety of ways, sometimes self-radicalized," the nation's top law enforcement officer told CNN's Justice reporter Evan Perez in an exclusive interview.

Just days after a shooter entered LAX airport and killed one Transportation Security Administration worker, Holder rejected the idea to arm TSA officers.

"Now, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't review the measures that are in place to keep people safe from the time that they get out of their cars and go into the terminals," he said.

As instances of mass gun violence continue to spark conversations about gun control, Holder said Tuesday that politicians in Washington failed to pass meaningful gun safety legislation.

"Yes, we've failed. We've failed," Holder said, referring to Congress' refusal to pass stricter background checks of gun purchasers after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, last year.

"It can't be the new normal. It cannot be something that we accept. Uh, there is too much gun violence," he added.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/05/politics/h...?hpt=ju_c2
High platelet count on that guy.
(11-06-2013, 03:51 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: High platelet count on that guy.

Could be, might be something in the carpet, it seems to have wicked away the plasma and left the solids behind.

So Holder thinks we have failed in no stricter rules on registration.
Last I heard this maroon stole the gun from his brother, did the brother have it secured? Did the brother have it nice and legal? Did the brother know he was a bat shit nut job?
Did the nut job get an anal search on his last trip through LAX?
More questions and so few answers
I heard he shot that TSA officer, began to walk away and got some distance before turned around and realized the officer was still moving so he went back and finished him off. Sick fuck.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-06-2013, 08:51 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(11-06-2013, 03:51 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: High platelet count on that guy.

Could be, might be something in the carpet, it seems to have wicked away the plasma and left the solids behind.
So Holder thinks we have failed in no stricter rules on registration.
Last I heard this maroon stole the gun from his brother, did the brother have it secured? Did the brother have it nice and legal? Did the brother know he was a bat shit nut job?
Did the nut job get an anal search on his last trip through LAX?
More questions and so few answers
Plasma typically seperates from the red cells in a fairly short ammount of time. It leaves behind the platelets and factor 8 to clot the red cells. However, that is some massive clotting. I'm betting it's why the dude was still alive. Any update on his condition HOTD?
Haven't seen an update on the shooter's condition in a couple of days.

AFAIK, he's in critical condition, heavily sedated, and under guard at Ronald Regan UCLA Med Center.

Federal prosecutors charged Ciancia with murder of a federal officer and commission of violence at an international airport. Both charges are potentially punishable by life in prison or the death penalty.
[Image: shoot-pic-3.jpg]

I might have kicked him square in the balls if he was laying down like that in front of me.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-07-2013, 11:45 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Haven't seen an update on the shooter's condition in a couple of days.

AFAIK, he's in critical condition, heavily sedated, and under guard at Ronald Regan UCLA Med Center.

Federal prosecutors charged Ciancia with murder of a federal officer and commission of violence at an international airport. Both charges are potentially punishable by life in prison or the death penalty.
I missed your "^" when I read this the first time. I thought the dude in the pic was one of the other TSA agents. Fuck the shooter.
Sorry for the confusion - it's the shooter in the graphic pic.

Sad that Hernandez was killed, but luckily the two other wounded TSA agents were released from the hospital very quickly and they're fine.

The traveler who got shot in the leg is reportedly in stable condition and doing well.
(11-07-2013, 01:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sorry for the confusion - it's the shooter in the graphic pic.

Sad that Hernandez was killed, but luckily the two other wounded TSA agents were released from the hospital very quickly and they're fine.

The traveler who got shot in the leg is reportedly in stable condition and doing well.
I don't think you caused the confusion. I spend most of my waking hours confused. I have a 15 year old girl i'm raising. lol.
(11-07-2013, 01:45 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 01:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sorry for the confusion - it's the shooter in the graphic pic.

I don't think you caused the confusion. I spend most of my waking hours confused. I have a 15 year old girl i'm raising. lol.

That would do it

Heh. Do you have daughters, Six?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-07-2013, 05:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Heh. Do you have daughters, Six?
One is all I can handle. I can't imagine having more than one. All Sympathies if you do Six.
Oldest one, I got lucky, she wasn't near the princess most of her friends were.
INVESTIGATION / UPDATE

Killer and Motive
The suspected killer, Ciancia, was released from the hospital earlier this week and transferred to a federal facility. Authorities are not disclosing which one. Authorities contend he assailed the airport with a semi-automatic (HOTD: some reports calling it an "assault rifle", but it was a semi) because he had a vendetta against the federal government.

Couldn't find any date as to when Ciancia will appear in court. POS.

Emergency Response
The details surrounding the death of the TSA agent, Hernandez, are the subject of confusion.

Apparently, paramedics were denied entry into the airport to assist the wounded when they first arrived. I can understand that, airport police had to make sure there was only one gunman and that he was detained before letting people inside, or at least that the site of the wounded was cleared. Makes sense.

What happened next is where it gets cloudy. It's reported that Hernandez laid on the ground bleeding for 33 minutes before he was tended to, though the suspect had been shot and apprehended within 5 minutes. The TSA Union is, of course, up in arms about that and demanding answers.

There's an allegation that an LAPD Officer improperly told paramedics that Hernandez was dead when he checked on Hernandez (who we now know was shot 12 times) five minutes after the shooting. That allegation is being investigated.

Dead or Alive?
Earlier "preliminary" coroner reports released to the press indicated that Hernandez died between 2 and 5 minutes after being hit. Turns out, Hernandez was in full cardiac arrest when he arrived at UCLA Med Center and doctors tried to revive him with surgery, shock treatment, and internal heart massage for 45 minutes before officially pronouncing him dead.

The official time of death listed in the autopsy report (released yesterday) is therefore 2 hours after the shooting took place.

The assistant coroner explained the vast difference between the preliminary coroner report (dead within 5 minutes of shooting) and the official autopsy report by saying that Hernandez was already "gone" when he arrived at the hospital, but medical staff did everything possible to try to revive him before declaring him dead. One of the surgeons confirmed that there were no signs of life when Hernandez arrived, though they did everything humanly possible to revive him. (HOTD: I don't understand how there could be no signs of life if he was in cardiac arrest - maybe someone with medical expertise can weigh in.)

Refs:
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/...82961.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-body.html
(11-23-2013, 12:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: INVESTIGATION / UPDATE

Killer and Motive
The suspected killer, Ciancia, was released from the hospital earlier this week and transferred to a federal facility. Authorities are not disclosing which one. Authorities contend he assailed the airport with a semi-automatic (HOTD: some reports calling it an "assault rifle", but it was a semi) because he had a vendetta against the federal government.

Couldn't find any date as to when Ciancia will appear in court. POS.

Emergency Response
The details surrounding the death of the TSA agent, Hernandez, are the subject of confusion.

Apparently, paramedics were denied entry into the airport to assist the wounded when they first arrived. I can understand that, airport police had to make sure there was only one gunman and that he was detained before letting people inside, or at least that the site of the wounded was cleared. Makes sense.

What happened next is where it gets cloudy. It's reported that Hernandez laid on the ground bleeding for 33 minutes before he was tended to, though the suspect had been shot and apprehended within 5 minutes. The TSA Union is, of course, up in arms about that and demanding answers.

There's an allegation that an LAPD Officer improperly told paramedics that Hernandez was dead when he checked on Hernandez (who we now know was shot 12 times) five minutes after the shooting. That allegation is being investigated.

Dead or Alive?
Earlier "preliminary" coroner reports released to the press indicated that Hernandez died between 2 and 5 minutes after being hit. Turns out, Hernandez was in full cardiac arrest when he arrived at UCLA Med Center and doctors tried to revive him with surgery, shock treatment, and internal heart massage for 45 minutes before officially pronouncing him dead.

The official time of death listed in the autopsy report (released yesterday) is therefore 2 hours after the shooting took place.

The assistant coroner explained the vast difference between the preliminary coroner report (dead within 5 minutes of shooting) and the official autopsy report by saying that Hernandez was already "gone" when he arrived at the hospital, but medical staff did everything possible to try to revive him before declaring him dead. One of the surgeons confirmed that there were no signs of life when Hernandez arrived, though they did everything humanly possible to revive him. (HOTD: I don't understand how there could be no signs of life if he was in cardiac arrest - maybe someone with medical expertise can weigh in.)

Refs:
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/...82961.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-body.html

Cardiac Arrest means his heart had stopped, not beating, therefore "Arrested" therefore no signs of life.
Had it not been a shooting involving an airport, Govt and news media the hosp probably would not have wasted 45 minutes (starting over an hour after he was shot) and many thousands $$ trying to revive the guy, he was shot 12 times? I didn't go back and look but I think it was an AK47 knock off, 7.69MM x 39MM, hell of a round. He was probably dead under 2 minutes.

Hospitals do stupid shit now and then. I saw them try and revive a guy I helped pull out of a wreck once, neck broken, severe head trauma. I was first in the vehicle since I was right there when it happened. He had a pulse then, but was on the way out. Medics got there 15 minutes later, by then his heart had been stopped for 5 or 6 minutes. We got him out and one of those " I am in charge and I know everything" kind of ambulance guys decided that he had detected a pulse, So they ramp up the life saving work in the truck and have 1 of them doing recussitation on the guy on the way to the ER, I follow and the ER works on the guy another half hour before giving up. The docs asked what I had done and I told them what I knew, they were pissed at the ambulance guy for being a drama queen and an idiot. They agreed that the guy was well dead when he got to them. So it was a waste of time.
Thanks Six. Your explanation/scenario makes sense.

If Hernandez had no signs of life within a couple of minutes of the shooting, the difference between the actual time of death and when Hernandez was pronounced dead likely just encompasses the delayed EMT access time, drive time, and all-the-stops revival attempts once he finally reached the hospital.

If so, there's really no basis for the TSA Union to be creating a controversy (though I understand why they wanna make sure their members are protected and assisted as quickly as possible in such emergency situations).

I don't think it's a waste to keep trying if there's any chance of revival, but I can see where it's sometimes just an exercise in futility when the heart's been arrested beyond a certain length of time.
(11-24-2013, 10:46 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't think it's a waste to keep trying if there's any chance of revival, but I can see where it's sometimes just an exercise in futility when the heart's been arrested beyond a certain length of time.
I don't think its a waste of time either IF there is a chance.
The problem comes in when people make that call based on ignorance or ideology and not science.
Its up to the guy with the balls to make the call though.
Maybe the guy thought that if it were his family member he would want everything done to try and save them. It's a tough call.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies