Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ABBA to reunite and go on tour after 40 years
Just caught this statement:

Legendary Swedish pop group Abba is mulling a possible reunion next year, singer Agnetha Faltskog said in a German newspaper interview.

Next year marks the 40th anniversary of the band's first hit Waterloo, which won them the Eurovision song contest and catapulted them to fame.

Abba subsequently became one of the world's best-selling pop bands with a string of number one hits such as Mamma Mia, Dancing Queen and Super Trouper.

"Of course it's something we're thinking about," 63-year-old Faltskog told the weekly Welt am Sonntag.

"There seem to be plans to do something to mark this anniversary in some way. But I can't say at this point what will come of them," she said.

Faltskog formed ABBA in 1972 with guitarist and songwriter - and later husband - Bjorn Ulvaeus, as well as Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad.

The group's Eurovision success with Waterloo came in England two years later.

The band, whose last album The Visitors appeared in 1982, has sold more than 380 million records worldwide, making them one of the most successful pop bands in history.

Would much rather experience ABBA in concert than 50 Cent.

Looks like 2014 is going to be an entertainment game changer, for sure!
Smiley_emoticons_smile
ABBA is one of my favorite bands.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

...he says in a whisper. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Say it proud. I freaking love ABBA. They were unfairly lumped in with much lesser quality disco era music but they had a very unique sound.

True story: my g/f's oldest boy was in a scream metal band with one of ABBA ' grandkids. Unfortunately, because it was a huge source of embarrassment to the kid we were instructed not to ask him about it or even bring it up. So I never could find out exactly who. I believe the story though. Kid was definitely very wealthy and no one was treating it like a reason to brag, more like a really embarrassing thing the grandparents used to do.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(11-11-2013, 12:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: ABBA is one of my favorite bands.
Me too.
(11-11-2013, 05:06 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
Me too.

I got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one.

So sayeth Clang.
I'm a regular dancing "queen"

WHAT?????
They were 40 years before Lady GaGa's time.
(11-11-2013, 11:03 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: They were 40 years before Lady GaGa's time.

Picture it...ABBA and GAGA covering each others songs. I actually like them both.
They will look fucking ridiculous on stage now.

It will be a case of “why have madam tussauds brought the abba waxworks out of the basement microwaved them for an hour and put them on stage?”

If the bay city rollers make a come back as well I'm heading for the nearest rain forest.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(11-11-2013, 03:11 PM)Donovan Wrote: Say it proud. I freaking love ABBA. They were unfairly lumped in with much lesser quality disco era music but they had a very unique sound.

True story: my g/f's oldest boy was in a scream metal band with one of ABBA ' grandkids. Unfortunately, because it was a huge source of embarrassment to the kid we were instructed not to ask him about it or even bring it up. So I never could find out exactly who. I believe the story though. Kid was definitely very wealthy and no one was treating it like a reason to brag, more like a really embarrassing thing the grandparents used to do.

Let's make a list of bands and see which ones donovan douchebag DOESN'T have a direct social connection with shall we? Are you a close personal friend of the drug dealer that supplied the drugs that caused the bass player of Slipknot to die of an overdose? Maybe you once had a coffee in the same Starbucks as the woman who polishes Dolly Partons tits? What am I thinking!? You can't afford Starbucks prices! You buy your chicory type coffee style “product” in bulk from your local Aldi. Did the kid leave the band when you found out he was rich and you started pestering him for a charitable donation so you could afford halloween candy for the kids this year Bob Cratchett?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I decided you were useless a while back, why are you still trying to suck my cock? Still pissed that I threatened to snort your dead dad?
I hope he suffered like a drowning filipino.
(11-12-2013, 06:45 PM)Donovan Wrote: I decided you were useless a while back, why are you still trying to suck my cock? Still pissed that I threatened to snort your dead dad?

That last line was fucking excellent. Not nice at all, but excellent, none the less.
I guess I don't get it, why would he wish that on some guy he doesn't even know? I think Dono was hurt by that Dolly Parton tit comment and it shows.

Anyway, this is a great ABBA thread. I truly enjoy it.
(11-12-2013, 06:45 PM)Donovan Wrote: I decided you were useless a while back, why are you still trying to suck my cock? Still pissed that I threatened to snort your dead dad?

^
This makes lol for three reasons.

1 - I obviously seriously really get under this tosspots skin a lot, I can just imagine the bile rumbling in his stomach as he reads my latest witty and funny and deadly character assassination.

2 - He can't answer or address any of the points I make about him and his pathetic little penny pitching existence because they are all true and he and everyone else knows it.

3 - Trying and failing to piss on my dads corpse is ALL he's got left to bring to the party he daren't say anything else because he knows I will turn into another rotten tomato to fling at his enormous elephant man like head.

Don't give me anymore ammunition fucknut I already have enough to fire at you constantly until the known universe ends.
(11-12-2013, 08:08 PM)sally Wrote: I guess I don't get it, why would he wish that on some guy he doesn't even know?

Because its all he's got left he no longer wants to engage fully in battle anymore because he knows he'll lose everytime.
(11-12-2013, 07:18 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: That last line was fucking excellent. Not nice at all, but excellent, none the less.

Yeah sure it was Noel Coward will no doubt be spinning in his grave with jealously at the wit on display

I'm glad my dad died having never seen your face, you must always be thankful for small mercys.