Finally!
I finally bought a new laptop.
I can't believe I've been without a computer, except for 1 month last summer, since last March.

I bought it from QVC.

It's a Dell inspiron 17" wirh windows 8.1, AMD A8 quad core, 8GB ram and ITB HD.

Other than the windows 8...I have no idea wtf any of that means.
Lifetime United States based premium tech support and lifetime security...all free. A bunch of other free shit too.

$600...I think I did good.
Windows 8 sucks but that's what we get now. Good deal on the laptop.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Sounds like you did pretty good.
Windows 8 does suck, but it will get a little better. Microsoft is pushing us away from a Manual file management system to a GUI styled environment and they move stuff around every time, maybe part of it competing with Apple, dunno.
You will get used to it though
(11-30-2013, 11:01 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I finally bought a new laptop.

Finally is right! Good job, buddy. Now you can post more. Awink
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Funny thing about Windows...every other release rocks (Think XP (excellent)...Vista (sucked balls)..Windows 7 (very good)..Windows 8 (sucks, as you've been told)

Anyhoo, sorry to rain on your parade, as new computer toys ARE really fun! Enjoy,,,,and hopefully this doesnt mean you'll be posting more in the future.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

It's windows 8.1, they've upgraded the windows 8. So, hopefully Kid will be right and it will be better than 8, which I've never used either.
It's got facial recognition login.
I wanted a touchscreen, but it has gesture recognition instead. I have to wave my hand in front of it and it goes to the next page/pic.
It's more pc than I will ever need, but the price couldn't be beat.
I can't believe I've been without a computer, except for 1 month last summer, since last March.

I bought it from QVC.

It's a Dell inspiron 17" wirh windows 8.1, AMD A8 quad core, 8GB ram and ITB HD.

Lifetime United States based premium tech support and lifetime security...all free. A bunch of other free shit too.

Nice bit of kit, should purr like a kitten, shame it's windows 8 and an even bigger she they stop updating windows XP begining of next year.

That is a very fast laptop for $600.

I'd install windows 7 on it, then it would be cool.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(12-01-2013, 04:25 PM)Eat Shit And Die Wrote:

I bought it from QVC.

Nice bit of kit, should purr like a kitten, shame it's windows 8 and an even bigger she they stop updating windows XP begining of next year.

That is a very fast laptop for $600.

I'd install windows 7 on it, then it would be cool.

Enjoy your new toy F2.

Yes my new lap top had windows 8 on it, and I did not like it, so I had "windows 7 shell" installed on it, & love it! If it turns out you don't like 8, you can have your tech support team install the 7 shell on it.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

It doesn't have windows 8 on it. It has windows 8.1, which I didn't even know existed until yesterday. It's supposed to have all the bugs from windows 8 taken care of.
I liked my windows 7... if I have too many issues, I'll have it installed.
I should get a laptop.........or not. The house has wireless and I'm getting good use out of the 3 desktops I have.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-01-2013, 03:28 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: It's got facial recognition login.

Must be strange hearing a laptop scream in terror and try and self destruct every time you log in.

$600 is a good price for a new high spec laptop though well done.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
How's that shitberry phone doing? They bankrupt yet?
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

My phone company just offered me the Q10 for a penny.
(12-02-2013, 11:26 AM)Duchess Wrote:

My phone company just offered me the Q10 for a penny.

And you said?

I'm resisting it for now. My contract has been fulfilled for awhile now but I guess there's really no good reason not to get it, it's not like I intend to leave this carrier.

I get a little irked that I'm offered a "free" upgrade but they charge me a 36.00 fee for it. It doesn't make any sense and it surely isn't free.
So tell them you will renew if they waive the fee. If not, then you are going to look at other carriers.
Don't get a Blackberry anything. All joking and busting cinnamon's balls aside, the company is struggling badly and is on the verge of being edged out. You want a reasonable non-apple but highly functional phone, go with Samsung. All the functionality of Iphones and all the third-party app availability of android-based OS. Android is rapidly becoming the go-to system. And Blackberry just stumbled way too badly to recover.

Check this out:

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

(12-02-2013, 11:21 AM)Donovan Wrote: How's that shitberry phone doing? They bankrupt yet?

Like Duchess I'm getting a free Q10 soon.

It beats being like you reduced to using smoke signals from a fire fuelled by useless repurposed junk Hiawatha.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(12-03-2013, 07:22 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Be cautious taking consumer advice from a mong with nothing but lint and second hand mothballs in his pockets.